LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

crane 227 got me 309 hp

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 10:41 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you know what your timing is set at? Also are you getting any knock? Timing should be in the mid 30's at least.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:57 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TAEnvy
Well keep us in the loop IM very interested in your result
you got it. i've had this problem for a while and everyone one was suggesting buy this buy that go bigger. however, i always believed my problem was not a replacement issue but a correction issue. so the valve lash option seems definitely worth a shot since the wrong lash can cost you some serious hp. i'll let you guys know what happens after this weekend.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:16 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ulakovic22
Do you know what your timing is set at? Also are you getting any knock? Timing should be in the mid 30's at least.

I'm not getting any knock and i don't know what my timing is currently set at. I'll know the timing when i install the new opti.

I did however adjust the lash on my valves and some of those pushrods were pretty damn loose. So thanks on suggesting that i check it. I adjusted them while the motor was cold today and tommorow I'll check it while the motor is hot. Hopefully that was the problem.
Old 10-29-2006, 04:06 PM
12 Second Club

after all my adjusting i took the car out for a test drive. it turned on completely different alot smoother usually it turns on with a big roar. so i drove it around and it felt like it pulled harder and on the highway it felt just as good. the rpm's seemed a bit lower as i approached 100 as well which i thought was a good thing.

everytime i do something to the car it feels faster but the track times stay the same. i'll be taking the car to the track sometime this week. we'll see what #s i put up this time.

Quick Reply: crane 227 got me 309 hp