LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Please Help!

Old 10-28-2006, 10:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Please Help!

ok so brand new 383 put in and it started perfect all last week but got to today and got the pan back on(had to clearance it more) and tried to start it today and it was very hard to start..took about 3 or 4 3-4 second cranks to get it started and then it would idle alright for a couple of minutes and then just pick a random time to shut off..so hooked up a fuel pressure guage and it was 48psi KOEO(key on engine off) BUT only for .000001 second it would automatically just slowly start going to 0 psi no matter what..so took the rail off and set it on the ground and put all the injectors in the rails to make sure an injector wasnt stuck open or something and nothing leaked but still went down to 0 PSI...i think its the check ball or w/e in the fuel pump and also when you turn the car on the fuel pump started making a different noise like an alternating buzzing noise like different pitches so correct me if im wrong or not but does it not sound like the check valve or what? please help i want to get this damn thing running

Search this Thread