LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Hide your Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 05:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I seen people place the celenoids behind the radiator, that hides it completely. It was on an LS1 though and then had the injector coming from the bottom side of the intake into the filter, it was pretty sleek.

-bryan
Old 10-31-2006, 06:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me start off saying.........It is really hard to hide nitrous on a Ram Air T/A. I took many hours to conceal my system. It turned out great! It's hidden so well that taking a picture would be useless. No one has been able to find it. I took it in for warranty work at the local Pontiac dealer and even they didn't see it. The bottle is in the spare tire area. The solenoids are under the battery. There is a black plastic box about the size of the battery that is totaly empty. I just unclipped it and mounted the solenoids inside it. The fogger nozzle is in the MAF. I milled out an area in the back of the center divider and drilled and tapped a mounting hole. You can remove my K&N air filter and shine a flashlight thru the MAF and still not see the fogger. I covered the line from the solenoids to the nozzle with black factory wire loom. The WOT switch is hidden under the gas pedal inside the car. To get to my switches you have to open the glove compartment and reach up to get to them. I have to release the 2 side tabs on the glove compartment and let it fall down to get to my progressive controller. It's Velcro'd to the back side.

For more details, see the 2/2000 issue of "High Performance Pontiac" magazine and read the feature they did on my car.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice hidden system!. My 200 Direct port is nearly as hidden
Old 10-31-2006, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

in the words of Eric Cartman, "thats....sooo.....kewl!!!"
Old 11-01-2006, 10:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I hate to play the bad guy hear, but with the setup in the pictures on the main page, who are you trying to fool? Are you trying to street race with the car? If you were looking just for a clean install, Ill give ya a thumbs up for that. But, if you were looking to HIDE the install, you missed the target.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:04 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by foggedz
I hate to play the bad guy hear, but with the setup in the pictures on the main page, who are you trying to fool? Are you trying to street race with the car? If you were looking just for a clean install, Ill give ya a thumbs up for that. But, if you were looking to HIDE the install, you missed the target.
If you had read what he had written you would answer your own question
Old 11-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WhyHelloOfficer

I'm looking at it more from a helpful point of view. My intention for hiding it was to keep attention away from people at meets, and cops. If you get pulled over with a bottle sitting between the two back seats, there really isn't much talking your way out of it you can do.

If you are that serious about hiding your setup from people online, then just remember one thing. The question isn't whether or not the person you are racing is spraying, it is how much.

I'm a firm believer in run what you brung. At some point people are going to know what you're running either by hear-say or simply knowing the cars in general. Sandbagging gets old after a while.
reread this
Old 11-01-2006, 11:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry, the topic said HIDE YOUR NITROUS, so I figured that was his pictures of a hidden install.

If I was to look at that car the first thing that would jump right out at me would be the large wire loom that splits off of the loom for the fuel lines.

Like I said before, It looks like a nice install. I just wouldnt say that covering up your lines with convoluted tubing makes it hidden by any means.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I got to say....anyone who miss's me hitting the button on a 200+ shot deserves to have there money taken
Old 11-01-2006, 01:18 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
I got to say....anyone who miss's me hitting the button on a 200+ shot deserves to have there money taken

on my old H/C setup I had my NX hidden and on a 150 shot it hit so soft you couldn't tell it was spraying except for the fact it picked up 1.2 sec and 13mph in the qtr spraying from 2nd
Old 11-01-2006, 09:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by foggedz
Sorry, the topic said HIDE YOUR NITROUS, so I figured that was his pictures of a hidden install.

If I was to look at that car the first thing that would jump right out at me would be the large wire loom that splits off of the loom for the fuel lines.

Like I said before, It looks like a nice install. I just wouldnt say that covering up your lines with convoluted tubing makes it hidden by any means.
Exactly. I'm well aware it isn't completely hidden. It is mostly clean and out of the immediate line of sight. Very much in my favor there aren't many f-body people in my area, so most are f-bod-tarded when it comes to hidden nitrous systems. Honestly I was just trying to give an example of what you can do to hide your nitrous system somewhat -- take it for what its worth (shrug).

I've been considering mounting a bottle in plain view with a dummy line going into the interior -- that way you can 'un-hook' your bottle and it'll shut them up.

Yes I have raced it on the street, and for the most part so far people haven't really had a clue that I was on the squeeze. That really doesn't seem like its my problem though.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Launching!

nice setup man i like it
Old 11-01-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, I didn't know if it would run through there. I had that all apart to run the wires through that gromet for my gauges, guess I'll take a shot at it once install time comes.

I'm real slow and lazy with the nitrous install, I've had all the parts for months, thinking of changing my setup already before even installed though. I can mount the bottle and run the line though, guess that dosen't matter.

Hey if you can't read the gauge that says nitrous on it in my car, guess I'm not too worried about hiding mine. lol

Quick Reply: Hide your Nitrous