LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

383 help

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 08:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 383 help

I'm looking for an LT1 Camaro/Formula, and if I were to find one, I would definitely do a 383 stroker on it. However, this car will also be a daily driver. I was wondering what would be a nice set up that will get me decent gas mileage (when not hammering it of course... lol). I'm also looking at 6 speeds only, so transmission strength isn't worrying me much.

I have the exhaust planned out, but the internal engine parts are kind of scaring me, as I don't know too much about it. Also with the heads and cam.

I did some searching, but didn't really find what I was looking for, since people don't usually stress daily drivability in their builds from what I see, lol.

Thanks a ton. If I was being too vague, let me know.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:10 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a fully forged Nu-tekmotorsports 383 short block, 6" Eagle H-beam rods, 4340 Callies Dragon Slayer Crank, SRP -16cc dished pistons, I am going to put a ball hone to clean up the cyl, and new cam, rod and main cap bearings.

I am going to rebuild it with in the month. If interested pm me. I can also answer your 383 questions. I am going LS1 and I bought a car this weekend. I just sold the body to a guy here on tech, feel free to check my trader rating.

Aaron