LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

TPS Enhancers worth a darn? El Cheapo Shorty Headers...

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 05:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default TPS Enhancers worth a darn? El Cheapo Shorty Headers...

TPIs sells on, and so does Casper Electronics, I've been wanting to get one for EVER, but never really knew if they worked well or not. For all I know, it's like a VENOM power box that adds "up to 40% more power" lol I mean, yea, it only needs one car to get 39% for them to lay down that claim, but anyways.

Verdict, worth the dough, or what?

And the second half: Would, say for instance Flowtech (Holley owned), Shorty headers work better than the stock manifolds? I mean, at all, not "Yes, but they aren't worth it". I don't have the money for LT's, nor do I think I even need them yet since I haven't done anything really significant. Plus, I don't have the money for LTs + Y to lay down. All mods I've been doing are either really cheap, or free. The Flowtech shortys for my 91 Bird were only like $100, but sadly I never got to install them, still sitting in the box :\ So if anyone's interested in 3rd Gen Shorty's... I'll get the part number and conjur a nice price on them

Thanks

(PS If anyone here is a good tuner and wants to just LOOK over my edit, I'd be so thankfull. I just want to make sure I've done the EGR and AIR editing right, to turn them off)
Old 11-01-2006, 10:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont think the high performance tps module is a good thing to have. When I bought my car, it had one on it and I never knew about it. A year later and a blown A4 transmission and then I found out about it. It really screwed up my shifting and second and third gear. Needless to say, it is not on my car now.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

As far as the headers shorties are fine but LT will give you a better performance gain. I like my shorties and anything has to flow better than the stock manifolds
Old 11-01-2006, 11:24 AM
Teching In

Well I have a tps enhancer from LMperformance.com and I love it. The throttle response is amazing and it gets rid of the dead spot when you're just cruising at a constant speed. It has not caused any problems for me in the 8 months being installed , but my car is a m6. The a4 could be affected by the higher voltage than normal, but thats just an educated guess.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmm hmm hmm... damn... Don't feel like grenading a tranny right now lol Thanks
Old 12-17-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Resident

wow did a search and this came up sweet ^^^ did you ever get one and i have a m6 so i was wondering if i would benifit form it im curious if it really does get more hp 1-3 maybe?

Never mind it's the same as drilling the holes and moving the senser to get .68 volts Duah

Last edited by letsrun97z; 12-17-2007 at 05:41 PM.

Quick Reply: TPS Enhancers worth a darn? El Cheapo Shorty Headers...