LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

bigger injectors new problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bigger injectors new problem

Ok finally got to finish my cam swap. Couldn't leave good enough alone and got retune from PCM for Less and 32lb Racetronix or??? injectors.

Car starts and dies right out. Will do this on and on again???

I also appear to have weird fuel pressure readings? low about 28lbs. Aeromotive regulator. Pressure also drops off within 2 to 3 minutes to 10lbs to then zero.

I am going to assume fuel problem??? Plugs are not wet.

It appears to be low on pressure but the injectors also appear to be bleeding off pressure??

Please help as I am ready to throw a match at this sucker. What can be not working well with these new injectors???
Old 11-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like the regulator is not holding 43.5 psi. It would be the regulator bleeding off pressure, not the injectors. Try a stock one and see if the problem disappears. I'm running a stock one on my setup.

Dean
Old 11-05-2006, 06:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should be around 38 psi at idle, so you are quite low.
This suggests the FPR is not adjusted correctly or has failed.
While the FPR could be bleeding off, as suggested, one normally looks to leaky injectors when it goes down that fast.
IMO, you should investigate the idle pressure first. If you still have your stocker, I would put that back on and check the pressure. After the pressure is correct, and it still bleeds down, I would investigate the injectors. Just my two cents worth.

Quick Reply: bigger injectors new problem