LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Nitto 555R or MT ET Streets

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 12:09 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LT1MAN
i wont be doing any drag time until i swap the rear or build it. for now i just want something to keep me out of ditches.

Neither one of these is suitable on the street. Wet traction SUCKS with drag radials. Buy MTs for traction, and street tires for the street... it's a lot cheaper than the bodywork you may need after the first time you get caught in the rain.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:55 AM
11 Second Club

MT's all the way. Shut a few Mustangs up very easly. Without.... your both spinning. I found out that on the track, The nitto was only good for 425 whp. Everything above, I was starting to break loose.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i will probably just keep the wheels/tires i have on now for daily driving and have the other wheels/MT's because i have a group of mustangs asses i have lined up to bust (more on that later). soon enough the camaro wont be my daily driver. im fixing to pick up an old dodge K-car to drive to work. so im not too too worried about the wet traction, its a 15 minute drive to work anyway. and if im going to the track (1.5 hours away) im trailering the car there. i dont want to compromise and traction for based on wet drivability. the tires i have now kick absolute *** in the rain. on these 19's (i know i have nothing near the rwhp now that i will have but) i can hook harder in the rain than i did at the local 8th mile drag strip after a big smokey burnout.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:19 AM
11 Second Club

i just talked to my friend that works at a tire shop about what i should get, she gave me an awesome break down (i run nitto 555 dr's right now) but she told me someone had the MT drag radials and they created flat spots within the first week because they were so hard (using them on the street) and they were so rigid they actually vibrated the windows out of the tracks in his car. now if you are looking for strip racing only tires, these are the **** to get! but if you are running around on the street, i HIGHLY reccomend the Nittos (even tho they dont leave any marks whatsoever for burnouts, DAMN!) and if you get the MT's make SURE you have a good driveshaft, they snapped 3 stock driveshafts in an article i read using the MT's!
Old 11-17-2006, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Neither one of these is suitable on the street. Wet traction SUCKS with drag radials.
ummm nitto drag radials are perfect daily driver street tires. they do very well in the rain. I have put severl sets of nittos to a rain test. they all did quite well.

I used to use my nitto rag radials (17" 315s) for my daily driving and then toss on the et drags (28.5 x 10.5) for the track.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:59 PM
TECH Resident

BFG DRs for the street
Old 11-17-2006, 01:09 PM
TECH Resident

if you run MTs on the sreet daily theyll prolly last 1 oil change. and DRs are scary in the rain sure they work but if you go from them to some gsd3s its insane how good the gsd3s perform in the rain. if you gona go to the track i would go with mt to get you there and back other wise go with nittos.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

im having a driveshaft made, 3 inch chromoly steel with the trans yoke cryo'd for $225. see how long before my rear end blows out on the dr's. what kind of milege would i get out of a set of nitto's?
Old 11-17-2006, 02:20 PM
TECH Junkie

I have about 4k on mine, and they have many more to go. This also includes 3 trips to the strip, just for fun.
But I also have street tires that I run for long trips and for the wintertime. I don't trust the DRs on questionable pavement and long highway trips.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Daily driver nittos

Weekend etc

MT
Old 11-17-2006, 04:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by moserman
i just talked to my friend that works at a tire shop about what i should get, she gave me an awesome break down (i run nitto 555 dr's right now) but she told me someone had the MT drag radials and they created flat spots within the first week because they were so hard (using them on the street) and they were so rigid they actually vibrated the windows out of the tracks in his car. now if you are looking for strip racing only tires, these are the **** to get! but if you are running around on the street, i HIGHLY reccomend the Nittos (even tho they dont leave any marks whatsoever for burnouts, DAMN!) and if you get the MT's make SURE you have a good driveshaft, they snapped 3 stock driveshafts in an article i read using the MT's!
I leave tiremarks every time I go WOT in my nitto's
Old 11-18-2006, 10:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

thats not good, are you saying they dont hold, or just that they leave the marks?
Old 11-18-2006, 07:05 PM
11 Second Club

they dont leave marks at all, i dunno if its my posi unit or what, but they dont leave **** and it pisses me off!!! i want to see a 11" wide set of burnouts lol

Quick Reply: Nitto 555R or MT ET Streets