LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Fuel line question???

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 08:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fuel line question???

I am wanting to hide my fuel lines on my 96 camaro Z28, I was wandering if I could use LS1 fuel lines or if they would connect right up to my LT1 fuel rail???

Any suggestions would very appretiated!

My engine bay

My buddy Prestons very clean LS1 engine bay (notice the difference in fuel lines, you can't see his)

[/QUOTE]

Thnx David
Old 12-24-2006, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

There is a mod to run your stock lines through the fender wall and along the firewall, few people have done it on here Try a search it should come up i personally dont actually know all the details about it.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW that is amazing! I love how clean that is. Is that the stock radiator support? I would like to pull the stickers off mine and dress it up a bit.

-bryan
Old 12-24-2006, 10:12 PM
Launching!

Thnx for the complament! Yes it is a stock support with a lot of custom work done to it
Old 12-25-2006, 09:13 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FredoCamaro
Thnx for the complament! Yes it is a stock support with a lot of custom work done to it
WOW .. you must be really good at custom work..
Old 01-08-2007, 07:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey man..first let me say that is THE cleanest looking LT1 engine bay I have seen in a 4th gen... Nice job.

Next...Im not totally familiar with what lines are your fuel lines. Are they the group of lines coming out of your fender well and across the bay in plastic loom??? If so...yeah I can see how you'd wnat to move them.

But...in your buddies LS1...I can see his fuel lines too. They are just like they are on most stock LS1 cars, including my swap car. They look like they are just covered in some sort of sheathing or wrap. LS1s have two hard lines that run up the "frame rail", into the engine bay, and then connect to the fuel rail and evap solenoid with two plastic soft lines. Thats it... Pretty clean to begin with.

My suggestion for you, is if there is a way to run them under the wheel well alittle further, until they are down in the bay more. Then maybe see about connecting them to some nice stainless lines or something. Stainless lines always look good goin to a motor IMO.

Good luck man and definetly post more pics of your car as you figure that out! That thing looks great!!

Justin
Old 01-08-2007, 09:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I recognize what you did to the rad support, I did it before I switched to the LS1 style lid. It does take a bit of work.

There are adapters to take the stock lines after the regulator and convert them to 6AN, run them where ever you would like with some stainless line and a small section of teflon lined braided hose. I've been planning on running mine down the trans tunnel but have never gotten around to it.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:48 AM
12 Second Club

you ca get a kit from pure choice motorsport that will allow you to run steel braided lines from behind the fuel rail. you'll have to drill some holes to then route the wires under the car. n20blkz did it to his car and has a writeup. his engine bay is pretty damn clean as well.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Launching!

Thnx! I like the way he did it, I tryed to contact him but no responce yet

I looked up the PCM.com

http://www.performanceplumbing.com/FuelLineKits.html

But I can't seem to find prices anywhere

this is a pick of the lt1 kit they have do you guys think this is all I would need?

Old 01-09-2007, 11:56 AM
12 Second Club

you need two more of those aluminum fittings for the hard lines under the car. then you need a rubber vacuum plus for the evap line.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:43 PM
Launching!

I took another look at the site and it says the lines are only 24" do you think that would me long enough? or would I have to get 2 kits to extend the length?
Old 01-09-2007, 02:53 PM
Launching!

I just called them, they are $99 for the kit. Although the site says 24" they said for the lt1 it is 30" and he said they can custom make the hose to what ever length you need for an additional cost
Old 01-09-2007, 04:59 PM
8 Second Club

do any of you guys know if you can totally delete the evap solenoid and the other thingy on the right side of the intake manifold. i am considering doing the fuel line mod myself, but am confused with what to do with the evap stuff when i hide the fuel lines.

Quick Reply: Fuel line question???