Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've only got 3.

1. Dylan
2. Dylan
3. Dylan
Old 01-04-2007, 10:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We gotta get Ed Write on there. he was tuning these cars for us and getting sick power way back when. He Might even be the fastest N/A car on a set of ported stock castings. 9.95 N/A on Stock castings is pretty fast

Lets see back when I was running a blower,99, there were a few fast blower cars. Goerge Baxter was always pushing. Then using the bottle we had Dave Daluca(sp).

There were many others who i do not hear of any more either. One of the Blower guys was Chris Pippin if I remember right. Kurtis Tamez pushed a bone stock engine and transmission to 11.45 back in 99 with his full interior car on drag radials, He never would tell us how big of a jet he had in it.

OF all the people out there Chris F and Jason D who started CamaroZ28.com CamaroSS.com had the most to do with us all getting together and sharing. They were the first UBB that got this ball rolling. The new software made this all a reality. I think I still have the Camaro mag laying around with Chris F's blower car in it.

What about the places we used to buy from that you do not hear of any more. IRS, RKSports and GTP heads.

When I bought this car I sold a 67 Duel Quad Camrao and thought I was getting out of it. Here we are ten years later and I have the same 95 Camaro and it is starting to become every thing that 67 was and much more
Old 01-04-2007, 10:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
We gotta get Ed Write on there. he was tuning these cars for us and getting sick power way back when. He Might even be the fastest N/A car on a set of ported stock castings. 9.95 N/A on Stock castings is pretty fast

Lets see back when I was running a blower,99, there were a few fast blower cars. Goerge Baxter was always pushing. Then using the bottle we had Dave Daluca(sp).

There were many others who i do not hear of any more either. One of the Blower guys was Chris Pippin if I remember right. Kurtis Tamez pushed a bone stock engine and transmission to 11.45 back in 99 with his full interior car on drag radials, He never would tell us how big of a jet he had in it.

OF all the people out there Chris F and Jason D who started CamaroZ28.com CamaroSS.com had the most to do with us all getting together and sharing. They were the first UBB that got this ball rolling. The new software made this all a reality. I think I still have the Camaro mag laying around with Chris F's blower car in it.

What about the places we used to buy from that you do not hear of any more. IRS, RKSports and GTP heads.
Definitely agree with you there. Ed was doing it long before anyone else and he inspired alot of people to learn how to get into these computers and unleash the potential that GM decided to hold us back on.

Man, I forgot about Chris Pippy and Tamez. Haven't heard those names in a while and Tamez...what the hell is he up to? He's up your way still right Ellis?

As far as shops, it's kinda interesting cause I will pull out an old GMHTP and see some ads from shops that no longer exist but were tha chit in their 'hay day'.

Alot has changed in a short amount of time and it's good to see that people still remember cause there are alot of newbies that don't know how far the LT1 has come with such little aftermarket support, unlike its current predecessor...
Old 01-04-2007, 11:09 AM
11 Second Club

When I bought this car I sold a 67 Duel Quad Camrao and thought I was getting out of it. Here we are ten years later and I have the same 95 Camaro and it is starting to become every thing that 67 was and much more
Ellis c'mon man you knew better when you sold the 67... . Well mine was supposed to be left well enough alone, damned if I didn't install Borla the next day...and damned if that expensive *** exhaust system isn't coming off now to save weight ...damn these expensive hobbies
Old 01-04-2007, 12:17 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BRETTINATOR
Ellis c'mon man you knew better when you sold the 67... . Well mine was supposed to be left well enough alone, damned if I didn't install Borla the next day...and damned if that expensive *** exhaust system isn't coming off now to save weight ...damn these expensive hobbies

I remember back in the day seeing the cars with Borla and thinking those were the high dollar modded cars. Every one else was just running the Flowmasters and Hookers with those gawd aweful hideous tips that would rust. Barley any one did cams bigger than a CC305 back then and having Long Tubes on a car was prety crazy, most guys were running the shorties then.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember wanting to run 12's, lol!
Old 01-04-2007, 12:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TX20D
If there was an LT1 Dream Team, who would you guys pick as the top 10 LT1 cars/owners of all time?

We have a top LT1 thread sticky in this forum.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:08 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.

Yeah Morrison racing sure does know how to build one helluva an LT1 motor. lol!!!

thanks for the mention there are alot of guys that could easily be on such a list!!!
Old 01-04-2007, 08:41 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Built LT1
We have a top LT1 thread sticky in this forum.
Quiet You. I am enjoing this thread.

Tony.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Chris Pippy that is it! I used to talk to him all the time. Kurtis is running Top Comp in a Mustang now. A few years ago he got ripped by the same Machinest I did and gave up all together on the LT1 and sold it all off. It would have been one of the first 18* head LT1s back then. I picked up the intake and still have it. A Hogans 18* fully ported and Juiced to fit a SBC in a 4th gen. I might have a buyer local other wise it will go on the car soon.

Looking back it was just wild to be apart of all of what went on.

You guys remember when the LS1 came out and was blowing up left and right and the dealer was turning down Warranty on them?

when I bought my car you could not buy a LS1 Camaro
Old 01-05-2007, 12:46 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
1. Rick Intrau - Fastest LT1
2. Tanner B- Fastest Six Speed LT1
3. Dave Diluca - Awesome car, best color change hands down.
4. Chris Sikora - First in the 8s, probabaly be the first in 7s
5. N20 Dave - Cars just sick, awesome craftsmanship and fabrication
6. Jim Moran - Amazing craftsmanship, to me his SS is the ultimate street car
7. Tim Herrington - Cool set up, works well, isnt crazy as hell but runs like it
8. Dave Lewis - Bad *** Firehawk, local car, makes 900RWHP on a 396 T trim + N20 Combo
9. Outlaw Dave - Nice car, clean set up, should run great.
10. Tony aka Fast93Z - bad *** 93
11. ex-SS-ve - the baddest cam only 93 z28 i know of!
The list goes on, I'm sure I'm forgetting some, I have a lot of favorite LT1s from over the years
there you go right on man!
Old 01-05-2007, 01:39 AM
On The Tree

Great thread!
Old 01-05-2007, 08:33 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

You guys remember when the LS1 came out and was blowing up left and right and the dealer was turning down Warranty on them?

when I bought my car you could not buy a LS1 Camaro

I remember them not running all that impresive when they first came out, but around 00 or 01 the after market really caught on, started getting the tunning right, heads started getting better then all of a sudden the were making a lot more power than the LT1 cars. A lot of the guys I know that had LT1 cars at the time, circa 98 or so didnt think the LS1s were ****. Now a lot of them have LS1s them selves.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:23 AM
10 Second Club

I'm glad Shon Herron was on somebody's list...he did a lot in breaking the bolt-on LT1 record last March...and one heck of a guy to boot.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by alan2000T/A
I'm glad Shon Herron was on somebody's list...he did a lot in breaking the bolt-on LT1 record last March...and one heck of a guy to boot.
Man, who the hell is Shon Herron?

Just kidding...Shon is a great guy and I know he remembers the old S10 days when we were only LT1 dreamers....

I pulled out my 01 issue of GMHTP and my good friend Charles Washington is on the cover. This is another LT1 that definitely was setting the standard for badass convertible performance. Car was originally built by Velocity Motorsports which is no longer...
Old 01-05-2007, 10:44 AM
11 Second Club

A lot of the guys I know that had LT1 cars at the time, circa 98 or so didnt think the LS1s were ****. Now a lot of them have LS1s them selves.
Well damn....I'm buying one this weekend...maybe two of em.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:25 PM
10 Second Club

1. Rick Intrau - Fastest LT1
2. Tanner B- Fastest Six Speed LT1
3. Dave Diluca - Awesome car, best color change hands down.
4. Chris Sikora - First in the 8s, probabaly be the first in 7s
5. N20 Dave - Cars just sick, awesome craftsmanship and fabrication
6. Jim Moran - Amazing craftsmanship, to me his SS is the ultimate street car
7. Tim Herrington - Cool set up, works well, isnt crazy as hell but runs like it
8. Dave Lewis - Bad *** Firehawk, local car, makes 900RWHP on a 396 T trim + N20 Combo
9. Outlaw Dave - Nice car, clean set up, should run great.
10. Tony aka Fast93Z - bad *** 93

The list goes on, I'm sure I'm forgetting some, I have a lot of favorite LT1s from over the years

thanks for the mention buddy. It was fun running that way with stock seats, full looking interior and a mild looking engine. I managed to pull the fastest NA time of a 6 speed LT1 that I know of(still on 23 deg heads if you remember what mindgame did with his converted 15 deg. ones). But those days are gone...time to make this thing fast finally...still all motor for now though.

Most of the guys on the list here were my driving force to keep plugin away with the lt1. Plus the fact that all the ls1 guys at the track ask me how much I'm spraying..the look on their face when I tell them that its an all motor car is priceless when I'm 1-2 seconds faster than they are...lol.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 95 Formula
I managed to pull the fastest NA time of a 6 speed LT1 that I know of(still on 23 deg heads if you remember what mindgame did with his converted 15 deg. ones). .
Alot of people dont know who Mindgame is but let me tell you, thats one technical sumbitch and another person who knows an LT1 inside and out. He put down some aswome numbers on his 15deg headed setup.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:40 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

A lot of the guys I know that had LT1 cars at the time, circa 98 or so didnt think the LS1s were ****. Now a lot of them have LS1s them selves.

Guilty. I made fun of LS1 F-bodies in '98, now look at my sig.

Another thought:
I remember doing heads/cam in my '94 in late '96 and being the only thumping/loping LT1 at many car meets. Most guys at your average meet in central TX still hadn't gotten past bolt-ons. Sure the story was different in Houston and DFW, but locally my car stood out.

Yet another thought:
I remember meeting Tony Shepard in a parking lot off Valley Mills Drive in Waco, circa 1996 or 1997. Some of us had driven up from Killeen looking for some street racing. We saw him come over on slicks and skinnies and kinda looked at each other this guy came to play!
Old 01-05-2007, 12:46 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MEAN LT1
Alot of people dont know who Mindgame is but let me tell you, thats one technical sumbitch and another person who knows an LT1 inside and out. He put down some aswome numbers on his 15deg headed setup.
Mindgame answered alot of my questions..he was a wealth of knowledge and I do miss reading his post. For those that dont know he went 9.8x in a 3600+ lb 6 speed. He had a set of converted SBC 15 deg. heads on it and made it where he could run an lt4 manafold on it. Street driven car.

We also need to remember steve quinn...he was going fast All motor when hardly anyone else was in an lt1. Steve and Joe O. paved the way for the all motor people.

Quick Reply: LT1 Dream Team?