LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

is this dcr or scr ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 07:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ALL this nonsense doesnt matter..youll never be faster than me!

Originally Posted by 96redcamaro
what do you guys think about this cam. I WILL be using 1.6 RR, even though the cam was rated with 1.5's on the paper. Is there a better cam you might sudgest? since the motor is not in the car now would be a good time to put the RIGHT cam in it.

i figured the advertised duration should be on this paper... maybe the .344 & .348?

Kenneth HI Performance is the guy that built it

The engine was built to be a DD and it is also my only car. so i told the builder that it had to be a reliable motor. Also it would need to be able to drive from houston to San Antonio (about 2 and 1/2 or 3 hours) if needed to. And i would also like around 450 to the ground. Now i know that 450 to the ground and a DD car is a hard combination. but he told me that he could do it so i believed him. now i am unsure
Old 01-18-2007, 01:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ls1nightrider
ALL this nonsense doesnt matter..youll never be faster than me!
dont mind him. he just cant admit the fact that my lt1 is going to beat his ls1.

on a side note. i called my motor builder (again) and he is going to get me a flow chart (my father lost the old one, i never saw it, just heard about it) and the advertised duration. should have it by Friday. yall have been a great help. i will post up the numbers when i get them.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok i Know that it took forever. but i finally got the advertised duration on the cam.. it is 294/305. It has been real pain trying to get info out of this guy,he has been really busy building motors. and I am still usure of what compuression to tell pcmforless to tune the computer for.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:12 PM
Staging Lane

If the motors not in the car,why dont you have him pull the heads and mill them,to bring up the comp.Just a thought....
Old 01-22-2007, 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rob97ss
If the motors not in the car,why dont you have him pull the heads and mill them,to bring up the comp.Just a thought....
I dont want to spend that much money, to have him pull the heads, send them BACK to brodix to have them milled. good idea though. it would just cost to much $$.

I am really thinking hard about putting the 1.65 RR on the motor also. I would end up with .567 lift on the intake. << any more thoughts on this?
Old 01-22-2007, 10:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

anyone....
Old 01-23-2007, 01:45 AM
TECH Resident

What do you want to know? You might be able to put 1.65 rockers on, but I don't know if it would be worth the extra money and the hassel.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

well.... I still dont now what compression i should tell pcmforless to tune the computer for. its getting close to that time ... but i guess i still dont have enough information about the motor anyways... also is there any reason why i should not be able to run 1.65 RR << hardware wise, i just thought that somewhere i hurd that WE (lt1's) could not run 1.7's. that is probly just because of the stock heads or valve train..... maybe?

also is it going to be deadly if i dont tell pcmforless the EXACT scr. what if i tell them 10.5, and it is really 11.1, will i lose HP and if so is it going to be like .5 hp or 10 hp.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:11 AM
TECH Resident

I think the SCR might have some effect on timing, but tell them you don't really know and that way they will make a safe-side tune for you. You may not be at max power, but you won't blow it up either. I guess if the best your builder can do for you is 10.5:1, then that's what you tell them.

The reason most LT1's don't run over 1.6 RR is because of valvetrain geometry issues. Anything over that and you should get some shaft mount rockers or just a bigger cam.