LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Pics of the new setup with single plane.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 06:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tim, that setup look sweet! I also second the studs with shaft mounts. You may already know, but I have T&D's on mine with studs, no problems. Either way, I'm sure you will be OK the way you plan on running it. Keep us posted on the numbers it makes after it comes back together!

I've been tweaking on mine over the winter and have a bit more work to do including prepping it for the nitrous and new flywheel. To be honest, I wish I would have stayed with the LT4 intake given the gains but it does look cool and distribution will be great on the nitrous. Here is the current setup.

Old 01-09-2007, 06:19 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice set up Tim! Cars already a beast, should be even nastier.

p.s Put the FM5s back on.. j/k, had to throw that in there
Old 01-09-2007, 06:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 95 Formula
everything was fine except on the middle stud between the springs. It wouldn't even come close to letting the nut down on the stud. Also the top outside studs were very very close..I could have managed to get the nut down on it but decided that since the middle stud wouldnt' work I didn't want to take the chance of them torqing different between the stud and bolt. What did you do for the head bolts under your shaft setup..did you just use bolts there?
I used Studs for my Heads. I have the same clearance problem you did. I just took the spring off and reassembled the springs after the heads were torqued.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:50 PM
On The Tree

Is the intake an Accel Pro-Ram? Looks like it could be as everything is cast in place (the injector bungs and the fuel rail stands).
Old 01-09-2007, 11:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo_6
Tim, that setup look sweet! I also second the studs with shaft mounts. You may already know, but I have T&D's on mine with studs, no problems. Either way, I'm sure you will be OK the way you plan on running it. Keep us posted on the numbers it makes after it comes back together!

I've been tweaking on mine over the winter and have a bit more work to do including prepping it for the nitrous and new flywheel. To be honest, I wish I would have stayed with the LT4 intake given the gains but it does look cool and distribution will be great on the nitrous. Here is the current setup.

IMO, that is by far the best set-up iv seen! Lovin it.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:51 AM
10 Second Club

thanks Ron. I may have been missing something on the studs with the rockers..but mine held the shaft for the rockers up off the head...so I swaped back. I will figure out how to make them work on the turbo motor but the bolts should work fine while I'm NA. You need to get that car to the track and have some fun with it.

BizZzatch350...thanks..and the fikse wheels are a permanent fixture on the wifes car..lol I think she would kill me if I tried to take them off..haha.

Dave, yes that is the accel pro ram intake. It has had a good bit of work done to it to help it flow...I'm hoping it performes like I think it will. I'm not so worried about the peak power geain from it..although I would love a nice gain...but I want to try and build some more midrange torque to help the car run hard out of the hole.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:26 AM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Man, you guys certainly have fancier parts than I do! Very nice stuff!
Old 01-10-2007, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BRETTINATOR
These are the Jessell Sportsmans for now, No clearance issues. I thought there were some 4bl TBs that flowed around 1500 but am not sure. The AZM flows around 1300 to 1330 which is what I have now, plan on using an intakelbows unit. Thought about the AccuFab 90mm and a Wilson but Harold @PortBros told me I'd gain hardly anything over the AZM, so I'll give it a try for now.
Accel does make a 1550 cfm TB, the link is http://go.mrgasket.com/pdf/DFIInduction_Accessories.pdf.
The part number is 74202S2 and is about $600 mail order. I can get you one for $550 + $8 shipping.

Shane
Precision System's LLC

Last edited by 1997bird; 01-10-2007 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Web link malfuntion!
Old 01-10-2007, 12:07 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1997bird
Accel does make a 1550 cfm TB, the link is http://go.mrgasket.com/pdf/DFIInduction_Accessories.pdf.
The part number is 74202S2 and is about $600 mail order. I can get you one for $550 + $8 shipping.

Shane
Precision System's LLC
WOW!!!....that thing looks pretty friggin mean, I'll shoot you a PM for some details, your price will cover 2nd day air I'd want. I would have to come up with a unique ram air setup, but I have a buddy who does Cad for a living and could take my idea to the next level.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:03 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ed Wright
Man, you guys certainly have fancier parts than I do! Very nice stuff!

Thanks man, I pick up stuff when I can and if its something that doesnt wear out I buy used or jump on a deal when someone bought something but changed directions and won't use it any more. I have way less in this motor than most for the same setup.

1997Bird, that sucka is nice...good to know there are options out there if I need more.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:20 PM
9 Second Club

Yeah that **** looks really good..... I'm going to run mine the exact same way (Victor E manifold with a FAST 2000cfm throttle body on top)..... and a 4 solenoid NX direct port from Nitro Dave..... Jesel shaft rockers on there with studs..... motor is together without manifold but my engine guy didn't say anything about clearance problems with my studs.... i'll get some pics as soon as i get my manifold and TB on there.....the big old 227's on there look sick but i know it'll look better with the manifold on there....

but it looks almost identical to your stuff......
Old 01-11-2007, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

To the thread starter and Tony Shephard... The Accel Dual sync dist will clear the cowl. We just installed a 355 Lt4 with one in my buddies camaro. Doesnt look like the distributor will come out too easily if something ever goes wrong with it though. Would have to lower the k-member/motor just to pull the cap and rotor though.
Other than that we are having no clearance issues with Brand New GM motor mounts. About a 1/4" between the plug wire boots and the cowl, the narrow body clears the firewall enough to get my fingers behind the cap and turn it.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:07 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 95 Formula
studs didn't fit with the new springs or with the shaft mount setup. Bolts are fine for what I'm doing with the motor at this point.
Were you trying to use 6 point nuts, or 12 point? I've been told that the 12 points will fit, but not the 6 points.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:20 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fire67
To the thread starter and Tony Shephard... The Accel Dual sync dist will clear the cowl. We just installed a 355 Lt4 with one in my buddies camaro. Doesnt look like the distributor will come out too easily if something ever goes wrong with it though. Would have to lower the k-member/motor just to pull the cap and rotor though.
Other than that we are having no clearance issues with Brand New GM motor mounts. About a 1/4" between the plug wire boots and the cowl, the narrow body clears the firewall enough to get my fingers behind the cap and turn it.

Thats good news. Mine was tight and it was a low profile.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fire67

GREAT!!!!!!!!!! So glad to hear that. Should be going in the car soon..may start it tonight. The good thing is I have a lift..so getting the motor/tranny out is a easy 30 min. job.

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
Were you trying to use 6 point nuts, or 12 point? I've been told that the 12 points will fit, but not the 6 points.

well that could be the problem then...mine are 6 point if I remember corectly. thats ok..I have plenty of other projects to use them on.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:33 PM
TECH Resident

just cut a hole over the top of the dist. to make more room
Old 01-11-2007, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wish I would have stayed with the LT4 intake
Ron looks badass, you can have your old LT4 intake back if I can have the Supervic back, wondering what it will do on a 383 with a D1SC???
Your old intake still just setting in my garage, lol.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I want to do this one day...looks awsome!
Old 01-11-2007, 05:41 PM
On The Tree

Ben, you wouldn't want to pay what I ultimately have invested in this thing!
Old 01-11-2007, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ben, you wouldn't want to pay what I ultimately have invested in this thing!
There is atleast $2100 in that intake for sure, probably more.

Quick Reply: Pics of the new setup with single plane.