LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

I need roller rocker suggestions please.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 01:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i have a question also whats the difference between self aligning rr and non self aligning that use guideplates? never understood that can someone enlight me on this lol thanks
Old 01-18-2007, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The self aligning rockers have two "guides" built into the rocker arm body to keep it located on the tip of the valve. The guide plates are adjusted so that the push rods are kept in place so that the rocker arm is not able to slide off of the tip of the valve.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Teching In

OK, so I called CompCam and asked what I should get, and what the difference was between the Pro Magnum S/A 1.6's and the Magnum S/A 1.6's. Other than the Magnums being Steel Stamped like stock instead of Molded, they both have full Roller Tips. The Pro's have a bit more metal on them and are needle bearing rollers, also they are re-buildable. So I think unless I find an insane deal on Crane Gold's I'm just gonna get the steal stamped CompCam ones.

However he said that I would have to get different springs... and retainers. I have the Single 983 springs... and they are like 2 years old if that. he wanted me to get the beehive 26915's. Will i be cool with my current ones. I am 1 second away from purchasing... just need a final opinion.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Teching In

Ok So I ended up purchasing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/COMP-...5245QQtcZphoto

Hopefully with my other supporting mods this will put me in the 300RWHP club (W/O NOS).
Old 01-28-2007, 11:29 PM
Teching In

I received them in the Mail about 3 days ago along with a XL Comp Cam T-shirt wooopie....

This morning me and a buddy (he has an LS1) put them In. He charged me some coin but it was cheaper than a shop and I got to learn how to do it so it was well worth it. I was kinda unsure but after we finished I think I could probably do it my self now I asked questions and learned allot. Anyways we started at about 9:30ish and were out test driving at 12.

The hardest part was trying to kill my ACDelco Battery turning over the motor and getting the passenger-side valve cover off.

My alternator and rear alt bracket, dip stick, and AT fill/level-check tube all had to be man-handled to get it off and on.

But in the end we did all 16 of them in order cylinder by cylinder, got them pretty well set and then ran my car off his battery and alt (We had to dismount the alt to tip it out of the way of the end of the valve cover, thus not serpentine belt.) for about a min or so checking the tension and listening for clicking. We rechecked for play and looseness and buttoned everything up.

It road fine no major issues... the power gain was not as noticeable as I hoped but it paves the way for a noticeable one. I have the basic setup the GM performance used... but a lighter cam.

CC304 Cam (Instead of the CC305 GMHP Used)
CC983 Springs and proper retainers
CC 1.6 Magnum Full Roller Tip Rockers (Same part number they used I just forgot it.)

I just don't have tune for them yet. I have CATS Tuner and the USB-OBDI Cable and the $EE file(94-95)... I have been messing with fans and my shift tune along with Idle speed and rev limiter. I however have no ideas how to tune the motor or even which tables yet. If anybody actually reads this post (thread is kinda dead) then I'd love some input... cause I'm getting super close to all the motor bolt-ons.

Quick Reply: I need roller rocker suggestions please.