2.33%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

MAF Screen IN OR OUT

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phirepower
As long as you are running a decent air cleaner there should be little to no debris penetration.
I run a K&N filter in my WS6 and I still get bugs and leaves in my MAF screen.

Oh and like I said ealier, the computer (using the MAP sensor and the O2s) will detect the temporary lean condition created by the ported MAF and it will correct it, so you will feel an increase initially, but after the computer sees it, any benefits you gain go bye bye
Old 02-04-2007, 11:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Captainofiron
I run a K&N filter in my WS6 and I still get bugs and leaves in my MAF screen.
Bugs? Dude, check all your hoseclamps. Nothing that big is getting through a filter. When I got my car the clamp holding the filter onto the intake was missing, and there were a few tiny pieces of leaves on the MAF screen. Is the hose for the AIR system still attached to the intake? If not make sure the hole for it is properly plugged.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:17 AM
Launching!

mine is still in and is staying that way!
Old 02-04-2007, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Formula413
Bugs? Dude, check all your hoseclamps. Nothing that big is getting through a filter. When I got my car the clamp holding the filter onto the intake was missing, and there were a few tiny pieces of leaves on the MAF screen. Is the hose for the AIR system still attached to the intake? If not make sure the hole for it is properly plugged.

Yea everything is still hooked up and my hose clamps are tight
Old 02-04-2007, 08:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Running a Granatelli MAF here, so no screen. I beat another LT1 car that was getting me by about a car and a half, only change I made was the MAF and a trickflow elbow. The tables turned and I was getting him by a car. No other changes.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would leave the screen in. If its removed, air will cool the bars faster and possibly with turbulence which will cause an improper reading.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Have to revamp this thread for something :

I had my car on the dyno yesterday and we were trying to figure out why my hp/tq curves were so shaky and why my A/F was out of wack. Well, I never mentioned to the guys that I had mine descreened but, we stumbled onto that question and I was like "oh yeah, it doesn't have a screen"... I swapped out my MAF with a buddy who still has the screen and it smoothed out my curves (actually increased one horse) and fixed my A/F. My car is still not tuned for my mods but, it was alot closer to normal looking as far as dyno charts are concerned. I didn't get a print out of the dyno run with the screen in (computer issues) but below is the chart of it without the screen.

I HAVE A QUESTION TO ADD HERE AS WELL : Is a LS1 MAF interchangable with an LT1? Will it plug in and work fine or no?

Old 03-05-2007, 12:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I HAVE A QUESTION TO ADD HERE AS WELL : Is a LS1 MAF interchangable with an LT1? Will it plug in and work fine or no?

Yes it will work but the LS1 Maf will have to be calibrated, the gms/sec are not the same as an LT1. It will run, but be on the rich side, We just installed a LS1 maf on a LT1, Recalabrated the maf signal. No problems...

Quick Reply: MAF Screen IN OR OUT