Old 01-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ That's where it should be

Derrell
Old 01-25-2007, 09:30 PM
TECH Veteran

i didnt see any fitting under the TB. and i bought the car with it in the U shape.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:48 PM
On The Tree

Then there's the passenger side valve cover that has another pcv valve that vents back to the side of the throttle body to be used/reused. There is intake VACUUM so, I dont not know how you could be pushing air from the TB to the valve cover unless your boosted. Curious, How do FI guys handle that???

the answer to my problems was run a filter on the valve cover and one on the pcv hole on the side of the manifold. on my intake i plugged the hole inder the TB and the one on the right side. i have had no problems so far, i also don't see why a N/A car couldn't do that unless you live in a strict emmissions state.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got some crankcase pressure issues got smoke coming out when pcv valve is out also some oil coming up around the PCV valve.. i got a 94 i dunno what year my intake is but i have a PCV valve on my intake to?? I never remember replacing that damn thing i just have the one in the pass valve cover
Old 01-26-2007, 12:35 AM
TECH Veteran

the one in the pass valve cover is the CCV (Crank Case Ventillation) valve.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:54 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Revelation Z28
the one in the pass valve cover is the CCV (Crank Case Ventillation) valve.
then why do we put a PCV valve in it
Old 01-26-2007, 02:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Gun5
then why do we put a PCV valve in it
well a PCV valve has the slider inside of it, the CCV is just a hollow 90* bend valve.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Revelation Z28
well a PCV valve has the slider inside of it, the CCV is just a hollow 90* bend valve.
Stop calling it a valve, it isn't a valve.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:32 PM
On The Tree

90 degree thingy-jig
Old 01-26-2007, 11:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 143 Likes on 112 Posts

To clear this up a little bit..
The one on the Valve Cover to the Throttle Body is just a breather, and it does fill it with all kinds of ****, so the wisest thing to do might be to put a breather Filter on the Valve Cover, and block that spot in the Throttle Body. I forgot who called it a hollow Valve up there.. but explain how that works..
The PCV, the only PCV in this Engine, is in the Intake, center drivers side in a Grommet. Some have a U-shaped hose like above, others are like mine that have a little connection under the Throttle Body.
That should spell it out pretty clear..
Old 01-27-2007, 01:22 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by the_merv
The one on the Valve Cover to the Throttle Body is just a breather, and it does fill it with all kinds of ****, so the wisest thing to do might be to put a breather Filter on the Valve Cover, and block that spot in the Throttle Body. I forgot who called it a hollow Valve up there.. but explain how that works..
The PCV, the only PCV in this Engine, is in the Intake, center drivers side in a Grommet. Some have a U-shaped hose like above, others are like mine that have a little connection under the Throttle Body.
That should spell it out pretty clear..
well since i never replaced the "real" PCV in the intake im sure i should do that since its probably full of crap.... why do we use a PCV valve on the valve cover then and why does blow-by go into the intake stock all that does is sludge up ****..

Last edited by Gun5; 01-27-2007 at 01:46 AM.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
Stop calling it a valve, it isn't a valve.

well whats it called then?

its a hollow 90* bent tube.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:26 PM
TECH Addict

was looking at my intake today when we rebuilt the motor they did a PCV valve stuck in th side of the intake with a cap over it.. all i got is my PCV from the valve cover to the TB
Old 01-28-2007, 11:55 PM
11 Second Club

Take the Cap off of that PCV Valve, and look under the Throttle Body for a fitting. If there is one there, then get a piece of hose to go from the PCV Valve to that, cause that is how it should go.
If you put a one-way valve(which the PCV Valve is) on the Valve Cover, it won't function like it should. The one on the Valve Cover needs to go both ways.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:01 AM
TECH Addict

Take the Cap off of that PCV Valve, and look under the Throttle Body for a fitting. If there is one there, then get a piece of hose to go from the PCV Valve to that, cause that is how it should go.
If you put a one-way valve(which the PCV Valve is) on the Valve Cover, it won't function like it should. The one on the Valve Cover needs to go both ways.
Alright first where can I get something that goes both ways?? and second why do I need to rehook the PCV valve on the side of the intake.. like I said its just capped off what issues can come about not running it??
Old 01-29-2007, 12:06 AM
11 Second Club

Alright first where can I get something that goes both ways?? and second why do I need to rehook the PCV valve on the side of the intake.. like I said its just capped off what issues can come about not running it??
Something Hollow goes both ways..
The PCV Valve vents the pressure insdie the Engine. You can figure it out from the full name, Positive Crankcase Veltilation Valve. The reason it's capped off up there is cause it's not connected correctly. It should go under the Throttle Body. Some people have a little U-shaped piece on it, all that does is go right back to the Intake, doesn't do anything.
Underneath the Throttle Body is a little Port, and that goes to the Valve. There is probably a nice spot of oil there if there is no tube connected to it.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:40 AM
TECH Addict

Something Hollow goes both ways..
The PCV Valve vents the pressure insdie the Engine. You can figure it out from the full name, Positive Crankcase Veltilation Valve. The reason it's capped off up there is cause it's not connected correctly. It should go under the Throttle Body. Some people have a little U-shaped piece on it, all that does is go right back to the Intake, doesn't do anything.
Underneath the Throttle Body is a little Port, and that goes to the Valve. There is probably a nice spot of oil there if there is no tube connected to it.
ya there is alittle bit of oil in it when i pulled it out to shake it around now which place on the TB should it go to and should catch can be inacted here?? like i said the car came this way and we just capped it off

i know something hallow but it has to fit that grommet snuggly with a lip any ideas apart from buying tons of pieces at oriellys/autozone
Old 01-29-2007, 01:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That would be a great idea if you wanted to create a vacume leak..... I don't know how I can make this any clearer. The PCV system is a close system. The PCV valve sucks air out of the crank case under the intake manifold to the intake manifold to suck all the gasses out. Since it is sucking air out of the crank case, fresh air has to get in it somehow, and that happens by the tube that runs from the TB to the valve cover. Fresh air runs FROM the throttle body TO the valve cover. This is metered air since the same amount of air ends up in the intake manifold from the pcv valve. Leaving the PCV valve on and putting a breather on the vavle cover would create a vacume leak.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:03 AM
11 Second Club

i know something hallow but it has to fit that grommet snuggly with a lip any ideas apart from buying tons of pieces at oriellys/autozone
They usually have all that stuff on one of the Shelves in Autozone, I bought a little 90* bend and setup mine with a little Breather on it.

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
Fresh air runs FROM the throttle body TO the valve cover. This is metered air since the same amount of air ends up in the intake manifold from the pcv valve. Leaving the PCV valve on and putting a breather on the vavle cover would create a vacume leak.
I really dont think it works that way all the time, pull your Breather Tube off and tell me how much Oil is in it, as well as inside the Throttle Body. Going by what you said, if it sucks Air into the Valve Cover from the Throttle Body, where that Air came in from the Intake, that means that all it has to do is get Air into the Valve Cover, which a little Breather Filter accomplishes. I know you said metered air, but I think it breathes out more than it does in.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

an oil catch can will stop it from getting back to the intake....

Quick Reply: PCV valve