LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

!Traction Control, why?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 10:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always forget to turn it off in my dads S/C Bonneville when I go see him, that **** makes you look like a complete *** if you try to take off quick or accelerate through a corner. How can it be safe if you can't accelerate in a turn? Sounds like a good way to get hit to me. I lost a race to a Ranger with that Bonneville cause while trying to leave the light it was wheel spin/hop, then brakes pulsing making the car shake and shudder, yeah you look real stupid.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know that if you want to get a K&N CAI for these cars it will not fit if the car has traction control, I think because the control module gets in the way. My car has TCS, but whoever had the car before me found a CAI kit that fits around it. I don't feel the need to get rid of it, I can switch it off if I want to. And it has saved me from spinning the car a few times in the rain. Only thing I hate is when I get on it at about 20-25 mph and the tires start to slip, it kicks the gas pedal back at me. A 1-2 upshift under heavy throttle does it too.

I had a wierd experience with the TCS once, the first time I did a donut in this car. I shut it off and spun the car around, then as I was driving away I noticed the ABS Inop light was on, and I couldn't turn the TCS back on. It freaked me out, I thought I had fried a wheel sensor. But later when I shut the car off and then turned it back on everything was fine. Wierd.

I noticed some people also ditch their ABS, I can say for sure I wouldn't even consider doing that, that has saved my (and my car's) *** more than once.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For someone that is new to rear-wheel drive cars its great to have. That way they won't wrap themselves around a pole or you! If someone took a corner and gased it too hard coming out and the car started to drift, someone whom couldn't react fast enough might wind up in a ditch or worse...

But it does have many benifits and if my car had it i wouldn't take it out. What would be the point? All you need to do is hit a button if you want it off! And then its exactly like not having it.

Buying a part that makes it off in defalt is just as worthless as not having it at all. Kinda like you not ever using your seat belt, it only works when you need it the most like in an accident. If you jumped in your car everytime and never used when would you fasten it? Right before and accident? How would you know you were going to get into one unless you can predict the future 100% of the time? Same thing goes for the TC, you would want the system on for normal daily driving when it works best and your driving is at its worst--> when your screwing around with the cell phone or radio and not paying attention to the road!!

Thats my 2 cents...
Old 02-03-2007, 11:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by B4CZR2
For someone that is new to rear-wheel drive cars its great to have. That way they won't wrap themselves around a pole or you! If someone took a corner and gased it too hard coming out and the car started to drift, someone whom couldn't react fast enough might wind up in a ditch or worse...

But it does have many benifits and if my car had it i wouldn't take it out. What would be the point? All you need to do is hit a button if you want it off! And then its exactly like not having it.

Buying a part that makes it off in defalt is just as worthless as not having it at all. Kinda like you not ever using your seat belt, it only works when you need it the most like in an accident. If you jumped in your car everytime and never used when would you fasten it? Right before and accident? How would you know you were going to get into one unless you can predict the future 100% of the time? Same thing goes for the TC, you would want the system on for normal daily driving when it works best and your driving is at its worst--> when your screwing around with the cell phone or radio and not paying attention to the road!!

Thats my 2 cents...

Agreed.

Quick Reply: !Traction Control, why?