LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Problems Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 10:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problems Problems

Installed Nitrous Express kit on my car about a week or so and had some bad luck. Started out with a 100 shot to make sure everything was good, sprayed a few short runs and everything seemed fine. Later the same night i was driving stopped at a store for about 10 minutes letting the car idle while in the store, got back in and it was bucking, jerking, just running bad. Thought I filed out some plugs, so I changed them, new plug wires. I pulled one of the plugs last night and the tips were white. Does that mean anything? Need some help please!

Derrick
Old 02-21-2007, 10:23 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSClone
Installed Nitrous Express kit on my car about a week or so and had some bad luck. Started out with a 100 shot to make sure everything was good, sprayed a few short runs and everything seemed fine. Later the same night i was driving stopped at a store for about 10 minutes letting the car idle while in the store, got back in and it was bucking, jerking, just running bad. Thought I filed out some plugs, so I changed them, new plug wires. I pulled one of the plugs last night and the tips were white. Does that mean anything? Need some help please!

Derrick
White plugs means you are leaning out.

Were the old plugs white? Or are the new ones white too? Have you had the car tuned or on a wideband before? Is it still running rough?

Drive around and see how the car is behaving on motor to make sure you didn't burn a valve with it leaning out. If it still feels okay -- then it sounds like you're going to get the car on a dyno and start jetting up on the fuel side so you can get a safe a/f on spray.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:31 AM
On The Tree

The new one's are white. Just driving the car around , it still runs bad. Almost like a injector wasn't spaying or a plug not firing.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you checked your fuel pressure? I had a similar experience last year and it turned out that my FPR had kicked the bucket.

Quick Reply: Problems Problems