LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

anyone race a bolt on 96 cobra?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007 | 06:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ls1ateu your car is a 2500 car becouse thats what u paid for it but by no means is that the "going rate" for the same year same mileage Z. You got your car for 2500 probably becouse it was pounded on and hit at one point. Not to be a dick but the slipping trans and the off blue is how i would come to these assumptions. A nice 96 lt1 Z (a nice one not these online forum specials or someones unfinished project) will seriously run near 8grand maybe 85 ish. Though it might be hard for alot of people on this thread to understand becouse most of what u see here is a bunch of kids in thier 2500 cars trying to set the standard of what these cars go for. Usually the same people low balling the ls1 guys w out a penny to there name. Remember the famous chain of commands mustang down here at the bottom than it goes camaro then firebird and then corvette. Mustangs where always the cheaper car thats why they out sold f bodies becouse more people could afford them. So i guess to make a comparison between "your" car and that mustang is a little unfair due to the fact u bought a beat up Z that needs work for less money than what most 95 6 bangers go for.

Just as a little tidd bit of info based my experience, your 273 gears arent that big of a disadvantage. I used to own a 94 Z with stock 273s and from a dig id rock my buddies 99 SS up to 90 where he barely pulls half a car before my 115 limiter kicked in. He was an excellent driver so it isnt as if he dropped the clutch or didnt know the deal. I had a formula that originally came with 273s i had 373s put in thier place and after that i couldnt even outrun my other buddy in his 94 6 spd lt1 formula with 160k on it simply becouse of traction. So stop using those 273s as some sort of excuse as to why you loose. Man i miss my stock geared days of being able to jsut punch it and those P-Zeros would jsut hook up and it would usually be over. I mean ya i know i could put slicks on it and yada yada but who really wants to ride around with some gawdy *** drag slicks on my mid to late 90s muscle car. I mean usually the cars on slicks are the classic 3000$ lt1 or someones poor decrepit 6000$ ls1. But some guy who went out found a mint 40 or 50 thousand mile 95 or 96 or so who acctually dropped a good 9 or 10 thousand for a mint lt1 or the other guy with his 16000 $ mint ls1 might not be so apt to run the ole mickey thompsons et streets mounted on an extra set of shooters or something lol

wait where was i going with all this????? o ya your car should have rocked that stang had it not been a 2500$ entry level peice. and what the hell are u doing racing mustangs when u know u got a bad tranny? so more of these ford loving ******* homos can go onto more sites and say they beat up on more 4th gens? I am sorry i am not picking on youy car, i am all about the cheap 4th gens, Hell id buy a 2500$ 94 Z, clean it up sell it for like 7500 and buy the same 94 that needed nothing with low miles that has never seen paint or anything.......wow that was a mouthful i need a drink
Old 02-23-2007 | 07:01 PM
Staging Lane

i've race a 97 cobra..... Click here to see Video
intake/headers/magnaflow/cutout 2.73 geared A4... not totally sure what the cobra had.
Old 02-23-2007 | 07:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LT14MULAWS-6
ls1ateu your car is a 2500 car becouse thats what u paid for it but by no means is that the "going rate" for the same year same mileage Z. You got your car for 2500 probably becouse it was pounded on and hit at one point. Not to be a dick but the slipping trans and the off blue is how i would come to these assumptions. A nice 96 lt1 Z (a nice one not these online forum specials or someones unfinished project) will seriously run near 8grand maybe 85 ish. Though it might be hard for alot of people on this thread to understand becouse most of what u see here is a bunch of kids in thier 2500 cars trying to set the standard of what these cars go for. Usually the same people low balling the ls1 guys w out a penny to there name. Remember the famous chain of commands mustang down here at the bottom than it goes camaro then firebird and then corvette. Mustangs where always the cheaper car thats why they out sold f bodies becouse more people could afford them. So i guess to make a comparison between "your" car and that mustang is a little unfair due to the fact u bought a beat up Z that needs work for less money than what most 95 6 bangers go for.

Just as a little tidd bit of info based my experience, your 273 gears arent that big of a disadvantage. I used to own a 94 Z with stock 273s and from a dig id rock my buddies 99 SS up to 90 where he barely pulls half a car before my 115 limiter kicked in. He was an excellent driver so it isnt as if he dropped the clutch or didnt know the deal. I had a formula that originally came with 273s i had 373s put in thier place and after that i couldnt even outrun my other buddy in his 94 6 spd lt1 formula with 160k on it simply becouse of traction. So stop using those 273s as some sort of excuse as to why you loose. Man i miss my stock geared days of being able to jsut punch it and those P-Zeros would jsut hook up and it would usually be over. I mean ya i know i could put slicks on it and yada yada but who really wants to ride around with some gawdy *** drag slicks on my mid to late 90s muscle car. I mean usually the cars on slicks are the classic 3000$ lt1 or someones poor decrepit 6000$ ls1. But some guy who went out found a mint 40 or 50 thousand mile 95 or 96 or so who acctually dropped a good 9 or 10 thousand for a mint lt1 or the other guy with his 16000 $ mint ls1 might not be so apt to run the ole mickey thompsons et streets mounted on an extra set of shooters or something lol

wait where was i going with all this????? o ya your car should have rocked that stang had it not been a 2500$ entry level peice. and what the hell are u doing racing mustangs when u know u got a bad tranny? so more of these ford loving ******* homos can go onto more sites and say they beat up on more 4th gens? I am sorry i am not picking on youy car, i am all about the cheap 4th gens, Hell id buy a 2500$ 94 Z, clean it up sell it for like 7500 and buy the same 94 that needed nothing with low miles that has never seen paint or anything.......wow that was a mouthful i need a drink

**** man, you do need a beer I do agree with some of what you say.
Old 02-23-2007 | 07:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

shut up. you have no clue what your talking about. if the 2.73's were so great, then why doesnt everyone in their brother with A4's have them? cause they SUCK! if you note, he only lost by half a car and that was probably due to the slipping tranny. it was his buddy, so i imagine they were just having fun. oh and btw, if your planning on buying a 96 Z28 for 8500 bucks, your nucking futs. i bought my 98 Z28 with 45k on the clock for 9k out the door. your retarted if you think you can sell a 94 Z28 for 7500 to anyone who knows their 4th gens. you may sell it to some douche bag in a suit jacket who thinks hes hot **** because he used to own a 3rd gen in highschool, and thinks these cars are gold on wheels. stop dreaming, its sad when a 96 cobar that sold for 27k new lost to a 94Z that sold for less new.
Old 02-23-2007 | 07:30 PM
Launching!

bww your a ******* schwattz, you are the exact example i am talking about, dude u got your 49k 98 Z for 9 grand becouse thats what it goes for, you got a bit of a deal, typically 10 grand will get you an ls1 z with those miles correct?? no i mean seriously ******* correct me if im wrong! i get 7 grand easily for 94s my buddy got 6700 for his stripped down 93 simply becouse the guy couldnt find a spot of rust, i found it easier to sell an lt1 for 7500 than i have selling 99 ls1s for 8900 advertised! Its jsut how it is, frankly most people arent exactly fond of late model camaros but hey thats society, not me! let me guess your the same ******* moron about to tell me about a mint 4500$ 96 right. lol when 4500 would barely buy a semi beat up 87 GTA u think thats what 4th gen Zs go for? If your saying there are 3000$ Zs all over the place you are absolutely correct, but jsut one day when your bored and u see one of these infamous Z28s that cost less than a 6 banger just go out take a ride and look, get some experience, dont talk about the one car u bought and how much u paid and what kind of deal it was, the way u say "9 grand out the door" what u bought your car from a dealer? lol check those quarter welds really well lmao

heres is an exapmly of one of thes Z28s i have sold in the past, originally i paid 3200, sold it 3 weeks later with new rubber and a good wash for 7800 CASH! o ya THE CAR HAD ALMOST 120K ON IT!!! lol
Attached Thumbnails anyone race a bolt on 96 cobra?-meanblkz.jpg  
Old 02-23-2007 | 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

4ths gens commonly sell for WAY more than they are worth because of the general publics ignorance.
Old 02-23-2007 | 08:11 PM
Launching!

no. 4th gens are worth whatever they went for brand new, where they go from there is all on how it gets treated.....
Old 02-23-2007 | 08:14 PM
Launching!

you may sell it to some douche bag in a suit jacket who thinks hes hot **** because he used to own a 3rd gen in highschool, and thinks these cars are gold on wheels. stop dreaming, its sad when a 96 cobar that sold for 27k new lost to a 94Z that sold for less new.

lmao man do u have it backwards
Old 02-23-2007 | 09:00 PM
12 Second Club

bww your a ******* schwattz, you are the exact example i am talking about, dude u got your 49k 98 Z for 9 grand becouse thats what it goes for, you got a bit of a deal, typically 10 grand will get you an ls1 z with those miles correct?? no i mean seriously ******* correct me if im wrong! i get 7 grand easily for 94s my buddy got 6700 for his stripped down 93 simply becouse the guy couldnt find a spot of rust, i found it easier to sell an lt1 for 7500 than i have selling 99 ls1s for 8900 advertised! Its jsut how it is, frankly most people arent exactly fond of late model camaros but hey thats society, not me! let me guess your the same ******* moron about to tell me about a mint 4500$ 96 right. lol when 4500 would barely buy a semi beat up 87 GTA u think thats what 4th gen Zs go for? If your saying there are 3000$ Zs all over the place you are absolutely correct, but jsut one day when your bored and u see one of these infamous Z28s that cost less than a 6 banger just go out take a ride and look, get some experience, dont talk about the one car u bought and how much u paid and what kind of deal it was, the way u say "9 grand out the door" what u bought your car from a dealer? lol check those quarter welds really well lmao

heres is an exapmly of one of thes Z28s i have sold in the past, originally i paid 3200, sold it 3 weeks later with new rubber and a good wash for 7800 CASH! o ya THE CAR HAD ALMOST 120K ON IT!!! lol
dude, pull your head out of your ***. the only reason you got that out of your 94 is because of public ingnorance. i got my 98 Z for 9k after tax because thats what its worth. i didnt get it for that because i got a deal, thats what its worth and the guy i bought it off of new that. i knew that we all knew that. dont be telling everyone on here that you sold a 94 Z for 7500 because that is what its worth. cause its not. This is what a mint 94 Z28 is worth, i even gave you the benefit of the doubt and listed it in excellent condition even though its not. i highly doubt that your car is in better condition than 95 percent of 94 Z28's out there. so in reality, a "mint", 94 Z28 is worth 4500 bucks. not 7800. Here is a reality check for you, the 94 Z28 you sold for 7800, is worth 4k. news flash douche bag, just because you and all of the other ignorant public thinks these cars are worth their weight in gold, doesnt mean they are. oh and BTW, Here is what my car is worth as of now. KBB listed it as 8700 when i bought it, which is less than what i paid for it. 9k after taxes from a private individiual, who also happens to have a 93Z28 forsale right now with 36K on the clock for 5k because he knows what its worth. oh and its mint. so come off your high horse, just because you sell $2000 Z28's to ignorant people for 7800 doesnt mean thats what they are worth.
Old 02-23-2007 | 09:13 PM
12 Second Club

lmao man do u have it backwards
sorry, you got it backwards.

http://www.theautochannel.com/vehicles/new/reviews/heilfmcr.html?{LoadingFrameset}

http://www.theautochannel.com/vehicl...ws/wk9338.html

i see a 1996 Cobra for 26K and a 1994 Z28 that is faster out of the box for 19K. do the math douche bag.
Old 02-23-2007 | 09:30 PM
11 Second Club
LS1Tech 10 Year

Received 339 Likes on 258 Posts

Damn..you all are hostile..
How bout we all just chill out and have a beer..

I paid $6100 for my 95 Z28, bone stock, 79Kmi at the time, AC not working. I have since then got rid of the AC, and I'll tell you right now it's not worth **** past maybe $4k cause some ******** hit me in the back right quarter and it needs a paintjob. I have however put about $6k in mods and repairs, and it will stomp a $35k (or whatever they cost) late model Cobra, a $52k Corvette LS6 Z06, and runs no problem with the Vipers on the Track.
Some of these Cars that some of you guys have are beautiful, and will sell for some cash, and some of us have had the luck like me, and it got wrecked so there goes the value, and money to go in it to fix it. Once I go to Iraq again and come back, it will get it's paintjob and look sharp. Then you won't even tell anything happened to it, but it will still bring about $6k. So basically it sits as my toy and learning experience, since it's not really worth that much, but it still kicks the **** out of many Cars..
Old 02-23-2007 | 09:32 PM
11 Second Club
LS1Tech 10 Year

Received 339 Likes on 258 Posts

Also, whoever wrote that article needs to learn how to spell Camaro if he wants to represent the Chevy side of the house..
Old 02-23-2007 | 09:39 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by the_merv
Also, whoever wrote that article needs to learn how to spell Camaro if he wants to represent the Chevy side of the house..
thats disgusting, however, i didnt post it for the specs, or anything else in the article other than the sticker price.
Old 02-23-2007 | 11:35 PM
12 Second Club

Not to be a dick but the slipping trans and the off blue is how i would come to these assumptions.
sorry, but you are a dick and stupid because that color on his car is Medium Quasar Blue Metallic. it was a factory color option for 94. apparently you dont know much about F-bodies, as you have proven this point with your logic about how much they are or are not worth. again, shut up, you have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 02-23-2007 | 11:43 PM
Launching!

lol kelly blue book..........what a ******* homo lmao remember no one minds selling a 36k 95z for 4500 after they got the 4000$ insurance check from when they bounced it off a pole and glued it back together, but hey one could even say u got ripped off, i mean i see 98 z28s all day going for 5grand, and hey for all you know someone wacked that z28 your ridding around in bought it for 2 grand put 1500 in body work and off to a shlepp like you for 9 grand, not to say that i know your personality or anything but something about a person who uses KBB a reference on buying and selling f bodies. who does the oil the local quickie lube?? lmao and i doubt u even paid 9 grand, i mean i keep saying 9 grand after tax, tax has nothing to do with a private owner, u dotn pay tax to him u pay it over at dmv so why couldnt u just tell u the actual price? whatever i dont care i am sitting here argueing about what f bodies go for after you broke out the KBB with some internet homo with one of the most plain looking z28s i have ever seen
Old 02-23-2007 | 11:49 PM
Launching!

btw wash your wheels b4 u take the sig pic lmao

lol and that car has like medium quasar blue metallic from maaco lol thats looking nothing like the factory untouched quasar blue cars i have seen. but again what do i know
Old 02-24-2007 | 12:11 AM
12 Second Club

lol kelly blue book..........what a ******* homo lmao remember no one minds selling a 36k 95z for 4500 after they got the 4000$ insurance check from when they bounced it off a pole and glued it back together, but hey one could even say u got ripped off, i mean i see 98 z28s all day going for 5grand, and hey for all you know someone wacked that z28 your ridding around in bought it for 2 grand put 1500 in body work and off to a shlepp like you for 9 grand, not to say that i know your personality or anything but something about a person who uses KBB a reference on buying and selling f bodies. who does the oil the local quickie lube?? lmao and i doubt u even paid 9 grand, i mean i keep saying 9 grand after tax, tax has nothing to do with a private owner, u dotn pay tax to him u pay it over at dmv so why couldnt u just tell u the actual price? whatever i dont care i am sitting here argueing about what f bodies go for after you broke out the KBB with some internet homo with one of the most plain looking z28s i have ever seen
dude, your a fuckign tool. you dont have a clue do you? let me put it simple, THESE CARS ARE NOT WORTH THEIR WEIGHT IN GOLD TO ANYONE EXCEPT THE UNEDUCATED PUBLIC! your "mint" 94 Z is not worth 8k to anyone who knows what an F-body is. when you look at someone and say, i have a "mint" 94 f-body forsale and they look at you like you just **** in their hand, your dealing with an uneducated person and will probably pay 8k for it. you come to me or anyone else on this board that knows what an f-body is worth and you wouldnt have gotten a penny over 4k for that "mint" 94Z with 120k that was probably bounced off a pole and put back together very shitty. my car was bought off the 2nd owner by me, and the first owner happened to be the guys dad, i have all the service records along with the orginal window sticker, along with proof from the dealership in originals of the paperwork that was signed on saturday march 14th 1998, when the original owner took deleivery of it. the car was then traded in 4 years ago on a 2002 C5 'vette, where his son bought it and parked it and drove it for a year and bought a new C6 this past year when i bought it. trust me, i did my homework. i know people like you, they are called used car salesman, and they **** people on cars that arent worth ****. sorry, but no matter how much you argue, just because someone bought your car for 8k doesnt mean it was worth that. keep reaching tool. your just burying yourself.
Old 02-24-2007 | 12:15 AM
12 Second Club

btw wash your wheels b4 u take the sig pic lmao

lol and that car has like medium quasar blue metallic from maaco lol thats looking nothing like the factory untouched quasar blue cars i have seen. but again what do i know
you dont know ****, because that picture probably doesnt do it justice. and there is a good chance that his car is not "mint" but then again it may be. you have no idea because you have never seen it in person.

oh btw, my wheels are clean want the orignal here

Old 02-24-2007 | 12:20 AM
12 Second Club

$9 grand to my car. i paid taxes and a 30 day tag to the dealership because that is where he had a loan through.

again, just because you think that the mint 94 is worth 7800 bucks, its not. its worth what KBB says its worth. youll find that the majority of people use KBB because that is what the majority of people use to price their cars. obviously you dont have a clue, just because you ripped a few people off on a shitty f-body doesnt mean that its worth that. sorry buddy, your a tool.
Old 02-24-2007 | 12:31 AM
12 Second Club

"going rate" for the same year same mileage Z.
going rate for a 94 Z28 is around 4500 bucks. a true mint low mileage 1994 Z28 will go for about 12-15k and thats low mileage, i mean nothing over 30k on the clock, all paperwork and all service records. and this is from a dealership. you know, the place you were born, where everyone is out to rip everyone off on everything? an average 1994 Z28 in decent condition with about 120k average for the year mileage, like the ones you sell and claim to be mint go for about 4-5k. so get over it and admit you rip people off. because, a 1994 Z28 with 120k on the clock in decent condition is not worth 7800 to anyone except ignorant public and people like you.

here is a mint car
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...l=&cardist=424
doubt very seriously any of your cars are in this shape. especially with 120k on the clock

Quick Reply: anyone race a bolt on 96 cobra?