LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

harassed by ls1s

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 03:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by burnzilla
Exactly...
You have to think, most people in this world just see that its a Camaro, or sports car. Some people don't even know the difference between a Mustang and Camaro, I've had my car called a Mustang before by older relatives and people Ive met who know nothing of cars.
Its not an insult, they just don't know... or care.
People that do have a sports car, or are fans of cars know that its a camaro/firebird and that its fast...thats it.
The line between an LS1 and LT1 has been blurred, when you take into consideration even the newest LS1, 2002, is a 5-6 year old car now.

Not to mention, with some performance bolt ons youre right to where a stock LS1 is anyways, and considering what a stall, gears and/or other mods do for your car, it does not matter anymore.
The 4th Gen body style overall appears very similar to the general public, so when someone looks over at you, thats all they see.
Yes there are a lot of people that know the cosmetic differences and what not, but not as many as you think, even in big cities.

Bottom line is, LT1's are fast, LS1's are fast and people don't care what it has. Only enthusiasts and people that know (once again, not as many people as you might think ) would be able to say "hey, look, candycorn lights...its an LS1.
Us Fbody owners know the difference, and we might be underdogs to the LS1, but to anybody else, we are just as much as a threat, and even LS1 guys put the pedal to the floor against us because the potential of both cars are great, and most guys who own LS1's have had an LT1 or two, or rode in one and know they are nothing to **** around with, especially when modded.
Word!! I agree 100%. I don't care what engine it has I just like being one of those gooberdicks that suprise alot of people. It's just fun to out run the lsx line of engines because they think I am slow because of my body style.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

to be honest i've never lost to an ls1.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SpeedDensityZ
It's just fun to out run the lsx line of engines because they think I am slow because of my body style.
but that's exactly what we're saying! probably 75% of fbody (or mustang, corvette, etc) owners on the street don't know jack **** about their car, your car, or the differences between the two.

they just say "oh, there's a camaro, i'll see if he'll race"

sure, the majority of members on here can spit out stock hp ratings and 1/4 mile times right off the top of their heads.. but we absolutely DO NOT represent the majority of fbody owners.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:30 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
"Cant believe that is an LT1"

I have been getting that response for years!
Yea but Tony your car is a turd

Tony.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:44 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Speed Density
Yea but Tony your car is a turd

Tony.

Old 03-02-2007, 04:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could only wish they'd rev on me, majority of the skreet raceahs in this area know me or my car. Mine is loud with 28" tires out back , skinnies up front. My car how ever is a redneck magnet, lol! I get the most trailer park guys and girls screaming "light em buddy" "jump on dat sum bitch" and other retarded ****.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 97blkz
I could only wish they'd rev on me, majority of the skreet raceahs in this area know me or my car. Mine is loud with 28" tires out back , skinnies up front. My car how ever is a redneck magnet, lol! I get the most trailer park guys and girls screaming "light em buddy" "jump on dat sum bitch" and other retarded ****.
I know exactly what you're talking about. Lifted mid 80's truck covered in mud and rust with 5 guys crammed inside pulling out of the WalMart parking lot... driver sticks his head out the window and flashes you a big crooked three-toothed grin and spins his fingers at you before they all laugh like retards...
Old 03-02-2007, 05:16 PM
TECH Resident

The same thing happend to the L98 when the LT1 came out.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 97blkz
My car how ever is a redneck magnet, lol! I get the most trailer park guys and girls screaming "light em buddy" "jump on dat sum bitch" and other retarded ****.
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO I CAN SEE THAT HAPPEN AROUND HERE
Old 03-03-2007, 12:11 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jbuerke142
I know exactly what you're talking about. Lifted mid 80's truck covered in mud and rust with 5 guys crammed inside pulling out of the WalMart parking lot... driver sticks his head out the window and flashes you a big crooked three-toothed grin and spins his fingers at you before they all laugh like retards...
...you forgot the part where if you fail to meet thier requests, you're a *****. lol.

Sure buddy, I'll light them up at every light for your amusement, as long as you're gonna buy me the next set!

But burnzilla hit the nail on the head.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I honestly dont get messed with in the TA as much as I do the SS. But then again, the SS is obviously stock and the TA is obviously modded.

When talking with street racers around here, they wont even talk to me about racing the TA, they say its a race car. I say its just a fast tagged and insured street car

Speaking of people not knowing cars. I pulled up to a light in my TA, a new mustang pulled up beside me. The old redneck driver of the mustang; staring at my car rolls down his window, hears the blower whine with the lumpy cam, and says "Is that turbocharged, or aluminum?"

I laughed so hard I couldnt drive anywhere but to the side of the road in tears till I calmed down enough to start going again.

The worst part is that he rode behind me for a while before coming to that light. So I KNOW he had to read my tag, which says "BLWN TA".
Old 03-03-2007, 01:03 PM
TECH Resident

No, actually it's plutonium.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jbuerke142
No, actually it's plutonium.
HaHaaa rofl

I told him "yeah, its aluminum ..." Immediately followed by me and my buddy obnoxiously bursting out in laughter...

The guy felt like a tool, because he rolled his window up and turned right instead of waiting for the green light.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:46 PM
TECH Junkie

I have encountered a few Ls1 guys out there that act like the 5.0 guys of the late 80's however i wont let a few bad apples ruin the bunch,L-98 tpi cars got dissed by the Lt1 cars and now the Ls1 cars are returning the same favor,i love them all as long as it wears a GM tag i am happy....
Old 03-03-2007, 05:37 PM
Launching!

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I encountered a couple characters today trying to get me to rip it up in front of the entrance to walmart. Suprisingly they had most of their teeth lol.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

F-bodies an F-body no matter what year or model you got. GM forever!
Old 03-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Teching In

I get harassed as well and try to run someone just to show even if they beat me its not by much. I love my car, F-bodies, the way they drive, the blue bird on my hood... kick *** man.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:47 PM
TECH Addict

ls1's never give me trouble. about 90% of the ls1 f-bodys i come across get to see the back of my "LT1" not one single owner of the ls1s knew what i had goin on under the hood. just a lot of nitrous comments! . if they really only knew
Old 03-22-2007, 11:50 AM
On The Tree

usually when they pick on me, i challenge them, i usually roll with a lot of people, so they talk me up to the guys. They usually back down. They dont want to be embarrassed. Ive only raced one, 99 trans am, i won 3 0f the 4 races we had. What i would do is get some good tires, and go from down low. If you get a nice jump let off early and make fun of him for talking ****.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:16 PM
Staging Lane

I love my LT1, I wouldn't trade it for anything, maybe thats just because i'm proud to have one but in my opinion. LT1 and LS1 are Nasty, Bad ***, ricer eatin, pony trainin sick machines. Just my 0.02.

Quick Reply: harassed by ls1s