Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 12:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^Agreed, Fat chicks cuz they always hungreyy
Old 03-03-2007, 12:29 AM
FormerVendor

The 32 Valve Heads are undoubtedly the best head if price is no object. They are no longer available from Dominion.

You can find them at www.AraoEngineering.com

They will also be available for the LS engines in the next couple of weeks.

I will be a sponsor on the site as soon as I have the Pics.

You can contact me if interested. If you call the office you are likely to get the answering machine as they are very busy.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:39 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stroker396
The 32 Valve Heads are undoubtedly the best head if price is no object. They are no longer available from Dominion.

They will also be available for the LS engines in the next couple of weeks.

I will be a sponsor on the site as soon as I have the Pics.

You can contact me if interested. If you call the office you are likely to get the answering machine as they are very busy.
Wow that sounds extremely interesting. Will you carry these in stock or on ordering basis?
Old 03-03-2007, 01:54 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mattybz28
Still fat chicks.

Give it up kid, it won't change.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stroker396

What kind of money are we ballparking here, just curious because down the road I was gonna go with AFR or TFS?

What needs to be done to make these work on an LT1?
Old 03-03-2007, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

At least 3 times as much $$ as TFS or AFR, and you will need some custom made headers too.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:39 PM
9 Second Club

standard 23 degree heads made for LTx motors I'd say the AFR 227's or the AFR 215RR heads (which i don't think are available anymore).....

the new eliminator castings are going to flow way better than the old style..... if you're talking any head and money being now object yeah the all pro's converted to reverse cooling would be the way to go...
Old 03-03-2007, 11:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by PunishedU
What kind of money are we ballparking here, just curious because down the road I was gonna go with AFR or TFS?

What needs to be done to make these work on an LT1?
Im interested as well! i was checking out that site before i found this thread and was thinking to myself that it was "too good to be true" but im defently intrested.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

From what I see most of you are making statements based on marketing, bench racing and reputations that may not be deserved.

On RACE CARS the AFR 227 does work for example, not a good choice on a street car though unless it is a very unique build like one 434 Donovan blocked "LT1" Impala I know of, oh and I think the 15psi he feeds them helps too .

I know Big Show is working on a build with the Dominion heads as is unstablebob(unless it is the same Bob???) over on CZ28.com I am not aware of a car with these heads ever putting up any track numbers. You want to bench race and they sound great but let's save the statements about how good they are till they are actually proven in the real world.

There is also the pesky little fact that no head is right for all purposes, for a NA street car the LT1s ported are IMO going to be the best option, go too a mild race stroker and then maybe the LT4s, high effort blower car and Trickflows would be where I would look, max effort with an "LT1" head then the AFR 227 has to be considered. Willing to look beyond "LT1" heads on a race engine and the Brodix 18 degree or SB2.2 are what you should look at.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ALL pro's aren't even the best head for the job..It depends on what job your doing... You build your combo for what your going to do.. the cookie cutter stuff is great for the street/strip.. but if your looking to go drag only and some street.. they're are several option's out there for that....The trick is someone who know's what they're doing when working w/ the big stuff like SB2's, All Pros, Some lower degree Brodix's... etc.. that will tailor the port to your combo... Bigger isnt always better...
Old 03-05-2007, 03:45 AM
TECH Addict

your sister.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:44 AM
Staging Lane

Guess the devil needs his advocacy ....

Originally Posted by Camaro>Mustangs
if money is no object then whats the best head period

AFR
TFS
Edelbrock
Stock lt1 or lt4
Your question is a bit open ended. It should have been, "If money were no object, what are the best LT1-based heads period?"

...and everyone would pitch their favorite mega-bucks head... but that doesn't really answer the question either, since you didn't give an application. The best heads for a street car are decidedly different than the best heads for an all-out race car.

...and since you didn't specify LT1-based, in my not-so-humble opinion the best budget-be-damned heads you could bolt into your Camaro would be LS7 heads (bolted onto an LS7 of course).
Old 03-05-2007, 12:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by chree
...and since you didn't specify LT1-based, in my not-so-humble opinion the best budget-be-damned heads you could bolt into your Camaro would be LS7 heads (bolted onto an LS7 of course).
is this the lt1 section of the forum????