LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

New Stocker (Part Two)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 08:50 AM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GIZMO
I'm wiring mine right now. Took over 20 lbs of factory wiring out, some was already gone. Still have the pass side window and front lights to go. Think my head lights will still have to raise up/open? I have been using the fog lights on dark return roads. Have them aimed so I can see very well with them.

What are your thoughts on shifters? Electric or C02? Guess it's time to sell my 4L60E, Robert Cruzen has a 2.20 low gear Rossler T350 & shifter with three passes he wants to sell. He's going to a 2.10 low gear ProTrans T350 for his Cavalier GT/AA car. I'll stick with ATI converters, I have had really good luck with them. I'm probably an idiot, but I'm going to try 10.5" X 30" tires first. I can't help but think a lot of those guys are dragging more tire down the track than they need. I help some local "10.5 shootout" cars with over 500", leaving on 1 stage of nitrous with tranny brakes, surely I can still make mine hook with a 350" and 2.20 low gear. Not sure, but thinking I'll need a 5.88 or 6.14 rear gear.

Thanks for the part numbers, Ed
Old 03-20-2007, 04:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe that the headlights don't have to work, but you can't take the motors out (At least that's how both of my Firebirds are). I think that a transmission with a 2.75 or at least a 2.52 first would work better. In your car you are allowed to run a Turbo Action E-Shift. I use the Turbo Action Cheater shifter and a Turbo Action TH-200 in my car with an ATI converter. I think that you will be fine with the 30" tire, but you probably won't want to run more than a 4.88-5.14 gear.

Good Luck,

Daren
Old 03-20-2007, 05:37 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

All the Super Stock guys I have talked to are using a lot of rear gear, not much 1st gear (close ratios to keep the RPM up), and spinning them close to 9000 in the lights. Sounds like Comp engines with small heads. I may be talking to the wrong guys, may need to call Jeff & Bobby.

Take care, Ed

Quick Reply: New Stocker (Part Two)