LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

I need car advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 01:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need car advice

Right now I have my 93 z28. Its runs fine, hasnt broken down on me, has great power and gets me where I need to go with 125k on the clock. The problem is the car was wrecked last year. It went to the frame shop and was straightened out. Its drives straight and doesnt give me any problems. If I had the money and the credit I would go get me a ls1 but I cant do that right now,and its hard telling how long it will be. Im tired of driving a stock looking and stock powered car. With the cars mileage and the fact that it was wrecked, would I be an idiot for wanting to mod the car?? Im not talking big stuff, just a few mods to get me going. I have some Lts and ory ordered,and im wondering if I made a mistake. Who knows if they will even fit since the car was wrecked. After that I want to get some 3.73s,a few suspension mods and maybe a cam. Should I not even waste my money on this car and drive it the way it is for a year or 2 until I can my ls1,or should I have fun with the car while I have it?
Old 03-22-2007, 02:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

huge shot of nitrous, run her hard until she dies. IMO it is worth modding, just cheap mods, beat the **** out of it cuz it probably isnt worth much ya know? so why not have fun with it
Old 03-22-2007, 02:21 PM
Staging Lane

Mod it!
Old 03-22-2007, 09:47 PM
TECH Resident

Mod it for sure. You're not going to get much of anything for it being that it's a 93 and it's been wrecked.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by seawolf06
Mod it for sure. You're not going to get much of anything for it being that it's a 93 and it's been wrecked.
I know,im not looking to make anything from it down the road,i just want something fun to drive for another year or so until I can get a ls1
Old 03-23-2007, 10:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by beeker82
Right now I have my 93 z28. Its runs fine, hasnt broken down on me, has great power and gets me where I need to go with 125k on the clock. The problem is the car was wrecked last year. It went to the frame shop and was straightened out. Its drives straight and doesnt give me any problems. If I had the money and the credit I would go get me a ls1 but I cant do that right now,and its hard telling how long it will be. Im tired of driving a stock looking and stock powered car. With the cars mileage and the fact that it was wrecked, would I be an idiot for wanting to mod the car?? Im not talking big stuff, just a few mods to get me going. I have some Lts and ory ordered,and im wondering if I made a mistake. Who knows if they will even fit since the car was wrecked. After that I want to get some 3.73s,a few suspension mods and maybe a cam. Should I not even waste my money on this car and drive it the way it is for a year or 2 until I can my ls1,or should I have fun with the car while I have it?
i would mod it, i have 2 93s one with 144,000, the other has 150, both engines run great. I bought my 144,000 mile car last year. With an intake, airfoil, flowmaster muffler, and freemods i ran a 13.8, with a bad 60 ft. If your car looks bad, than wait for people to make fun of you, and smoke em.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by beeker82
I know,im not looking to make anything from it down the road,i just want something fun to drive for another year or so until I can get a ls1
Put a 2800 stall in the car and you will not think twice about having to drive your car everyday for a while...

Quick Reply: I need car advice