LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

ltcc no start

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 01:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default ltcc no start

looking for any help from those that know ltcc units fairly well.......have the unit ...had it checked by fullthrottle and its fine....heres the deal....i have a 96 with a 383 built up for it...when i last tried an opti only unit in it last summer it ran but like the 5 or so previous optis in the last year the rotor shattered into many pieces.......so i hooked the ltcc unit into last week..nota....i have good fuel i checked the spark on at least cyl 1 and its there{not the strongest but there}i've checked all wiring over and over but al looks good....my #1 plug is a lil black but not soaked{pos fouled but i've had it running on alot worst plugs}...not sure on this one and i really want this thing to run this year....sorry to be an seamingly endless thread but am very frustrated...had the car for 2 years now driven it about 1000 miles and have close to 30000 into the pig....any help or ideas would be great
Old 03-26-2007, 10:32 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

well looks like i'm gonna have to try maybe a diff opti to see if thats the prob....not really sure what opti i have on it right now since i've been through so many on this build up but this is the only thing i can think of.......although through out all this i did realize one thing that may have contributed to all my other opti failures....dumbazz award goes to me i guess...all this time it just finally occured to me after reading and reading on here that when the builder for my car put the ud pulley on the balancer wasnt reinstalled and it never occured to me that might be one reason behind rotors only lasting me between any where from a few startups to a month or so...well new opti and a new balancer and i'll cross my fingers from there...i just really want to drive this car again before and if i deploy out again