LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Slow LT1 :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 12:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slow LT1 :(

I don't know what happen but my car is just not as fast as it was when i first bought it and it is making me angry, mainly cause i have sunk so much money into it...i.e. gears,heads,cap &rotor, aluminum driveshaft, electric water pump all new o2 sensors, and it still seems slower, i used to be able to roast the tires in first and second gear but now nothing....i dont get it!!!! I am seriously considering just selling it, btw it got slower after i blew a head gasket and replaced the heads??
o ya almost forgot it is throwing codes, 1641,1642?? aomwthing about auxillary?

Last edited by grnmonster; 03-25-2007 at 01:02 AM.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If you use the forums rather than just opening a catlogue and buying poor parts you can get the car straightened out. An important think I see missing is cam and reprogramming. I would not swap heads without a cam and it requires reprogramming. That is besides the Edelbrock heads beeing a poor choice.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

P1641 Fan Control (FC) relay 1 control circuit
P1642 Fan Control (FC) relay 2 and 3 control circuit

www.shbox.com is a really good friend to have. Shoebox has compiled an extensive library of info on F bodies. He tends to be on CamaroZ28.com (I have not seen him here)

Now before you sell it....
Take a step back and several deep breaths (maybe throw a BIG wrench at the neighbor's cat or flush dog ) and relax about it. Run some basic tests, i.e. a leakdown test since you had to replace a head gasket. Did you replace the cat and O2 sensors after replacing the head gasket? If not, you most likely will. Another thing to remember is that your car is 11 years old I know it does not seem like that, but stuff will wear out in that time. Unfortunately, you get to be the person to fix all the little bugs.

I was in the same boat you are in about 3 years ago. Had the car, had driven it some, and it was sitting in the driveway with a blown head gasket and seriously wounded head.... You have seen what my car runs at Perris - you just have to keep after it... PM me and I'll be glad to help with what I can.
Todd

Quick Reply: Slow LT1 :(