LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

ordered parts of the new exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 10:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default ordered parts of the new exhaust

So I ordered a Dynomax bullet muffler and a hooker dual 3" tip yesterday. Starting on my exhaust change, the chokebastard is on its way off the car, hopefully this week.

Once I get all my stuff shipped over from CA, I will order the pacesetters to replace the BBK shorties.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

There you go..movin on up...
Old 03-28-2007, 07:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Had a Summit box laying on my bed when I showed up today, oh yeah! Can't wait til Monday to see how this thing is going to sound, Flowbastard is too quiet, but open cutout is stupid loud, so we'll see. I highly doubt I'll notice a power difference, but I don't know, people seem to say that the Flowmaster muffler doesn't flow all that great.

I'm hoping within 2 months or so to replace my BBK shorties/y pipe with some Pacesetter longtubes/y pipe.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Looks good and sounds great. At WOT its just slightly more quiet than the open cutout was. At cruising speeds it is way better though, as I have a feeling you won't have to shout anymore to hold a conversation or enjoy some music. Probably because I ran it out the back and had that tip put on, instead of dumping it. I guess that the only downside, even though its a dual 3" outlet tip, and I had the inlet widened to 3" from 2 1/2", there is that little part inbetween that gets smaller, so I do have a little restriction, probably no where as bad as the flowmaster muffler and the multiple 90 degree bends that I have now removed by going this route.

When I shift it reminds me of the Mustang from Bullit.

Quick Reply: ordered parts of the new exhaust