LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Head work? Porting, big valves? More go fast parts. Which ones should come next.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 12:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Head work? Porting, big valves? More go fast parts. Which ones should come next.

Question on lt1 heads. So far I have done headers, 1.6rr's, single chamber flowmaster w/ turn downs, no cat. Installed nos and I knew better. Never liked the idea, still don't like the idea. I am thinking head work, but can I get anything significant done to the factory heads which will make power with a stock cam and 1.6 rockers? Does the bill run pretty high on this kind of work? Just don't have much $ this year. What else would work with this combo best (i.e. elec. water pump, ported tb, ported mass, larger injectors, higher stall ect). What would be the best converter stall for this setup on the lower price level? Just trying to get some tried and tested ideas before I put my money on the table. Appreciate it guys.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:45 PM
TECH Regular

As for heads, talk to ET Performance, Port Pros, or of course, Lloyd Elliot. If you do heads, you might as well do a cam. Gears and a stall will get you some better times at the track, for a lot less than heads and a cam. CAI will help if you don't already have one. For the money, NOS is the easiest way to make a bit more power, but you have to do it safely, window switch, fuel pressure switch, WOT switch, etc. Also, you don't want to throw much more than a 100 shot at the stock bottom end, 150 shot max.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

you can do all the other little dumb stuff that doesn't add up to but about .00000001 rwhp. or you can just go ahead and drop some cash and send your heads to www.eportworks.com and get them right and a cam with it. and then get a tune and you'll be happy.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:35 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the site. I am not in a big hurry to make the car fast, but am really reluctant when I look at the numbers of a cam swap. Cam, lifters, springs, pushrods, computer tune, opti while I'm there, gaskets, possible injector and fuel pump upgrade. Right now I am trying to go a bit faster for about a grand. Then next year I may be able to get more serious. That and the fact that I already racked up 100k on this motor. Thanks for the info.