LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

crane hi-6: what do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 07:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crane hi-6: what do i need?

alright guys, i decided im going to get a new ignition box. happy birthday to myself. i decided on a crane hi-6. from what ive read, im going to need a GM HEI harness because i have an OBD-I car. i was also wondering if i should go ahead and get a coil too. has anyone used the lx91 coil? also, am i correct in assuming i dont need a trigger? i hate to bother you guys with this stuff, but i did as much research as possible and am still unsure. i just want to make sure im ordering the right stuff. thanks guys.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:50 PM
TECH Resident

You don't need a trigger.
If your coil ain't broke, don't fix it. They are all the same.
Using the MSD harness makes install much easier and you can disconnect it very easy if you ever need to troubleshoot.
If you ever want to run nitrous, you might want to look into the Mallory 685 box. I'm not sure how it compares to the HI-6, though.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Launching!

so youre saying my that the crane coil wont be any better than my stocker? i dont plan on using nitrous, but im deffinatly leaning towards more cubes and a supercharger or a turbo. you think the crane will be good for this setup? also, whats the part number for the msd harness? thanks guys.

Quick Reply: crane hi-6: what do i need?