LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

SES light, only a few seconds.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 11:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default SES light, only a few seconds.

Whats the most likely cause if my SES light only comes on for about 1-3 seconds? Its always when the car is cold. Only thing I have recently changed is have my flowmaster and cutout hacked out and a bullet muffler put in its place.
It comes on and almost as instantly goes out or only stays on for a few seconds.

Between this and the damned low oil light I haven't sorted out yet, I'm starting to wonder if my car is loosing its mind.........
Old 04-14-2007, 11:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

I spliced the Oil Light into the SES Light, so if they both come on, I know somethings up.
With yours, probably something from the A.I.R. System is tweaking out if you haven't tuned out. If you still have it, then it might be time to get rid of it.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I keep thinking of ordering tuner cats and then chopping all the garbage out of the engine bay, but I'm always dragging *** on it.

Have to fix my orange tail lights issue first now, got busted today.

Yeah I wonder what I'm supposed to read at the wires for the oil sensor, even though the sensor is new the light is still screwed up, I just have to cycle the key twice and the low oil light goes off, but its really on my nerves. Someone suggested my wires might be screwed, its all crazy to me.

Quick Reply: SES light, only a few seconds.