LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

What Do Yall Think Of This???

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What Do Yall Think Of This???

i cant decide if i like this or not, im going out there after work to look at it. the issue is i have about 2 inches of ground clearance if they mount the mufflers up under the car. which is no good. and they couldn't find anywhere to put them to get any clearance except back there. if anybody would like to post pics or suggestions please feel free. my other option is to run some bullets (which i'd rather not). the setup here is 3" true duals with x pipe and hooker max flow straight through mufflers. i might leave them like this for a while i dont know, i really wanted to use the big dookie 4" chrome tips i bought but i cant use them where the mufflers are in the picture.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

They should be able to twist them and mount them side by side tucked up to the rear of the gas tank similar to the stock muffler setup.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:25 PM
TECH Resident

not a big fan, kinda reminds me of a dual exhuast import with the round mufflers at the back like that. but heh u cant please everyone, theres always gonna be someone that doesnt like it no matter how you do it. but ide say go a different route if you can
Old 04-18-2007, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

hmm...they look fine to me. but clearance would be an issue. See if they can mount them exiting downwards behind the axle ( clearance may be another issue ). can you mount the muffler earlier in the setup?

P.S: i love all the cat'd mufflers leaning against their wall.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1Falcon
not a big fan, kinda reminds me of a dual exhuast import with the round mufflers at the back like that. but heh u cant please everyone, theres always gonna be someone that doesnt like it no matter how you do it. but ide say go a different route if you can
Quite true. Someone else here runs mufflers right out the back up against the bumper, and I think it's the most butt ugly thing I've seen.

So, what do I think? I think you need tips. It just sounds better with tips. I know how cool, yet loud, and over time annoying, a bullet sounds. For the firt short while it's "Sweet! IT sounds like a NASCAR!" lol Then after a few months you're sick of "Huh? What'd you say?"
Old 04-19-2007, 01:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

there has to be another way to spread those headers out to hug the gas tank, i would think so atleast. even if you stayed like that i honestly think you would have more clearance than you think. if you had the mufflers before the axle you would scrape more than where they are currently, just my 2 cents
Old 04-19-2007, 02:21 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They never did true duals on an Fbody?

Search, you'll find pics of it done right on one of the many Fbody websites.

FWIW.. I don't like your choice of mufflers at all.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Boodyrider
FWIW.. I don't like your choice of mufflers at all.
why? what would you have run? they flow more than a straight pipe whats wrong with that?

personally, i think bullets sound like ***.

as far as the rice rocket fart pipe look with the mufflers being in the back, i went out there last night and looked at it and they are tucked up enough under the car that you dont even see them but from a good distance away. and when you see them, they look badass. i think im going to be different on this and just roll with it. hell its just exhaust pipes ill change it if i end up not liking it.

most of the people with true duals on here are running really small mufflers like bullets so thats why this is kinda tricky. and the shop thats doing this does not have much f-body experience. they do mostly fords and vipers. but thats just because thats what most of the cars are where i live.

ill put up more pics as i get them. thanks for your input ppl. good or bad.

Quick Reply: What Do Yall Think Of This???