LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Fluidampr fit

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 09:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fluidampr fit

I've been looking at picking up a Fluidampr for my 94 Formula. I've seen on a couple of sites that the crank hub is longer for the early LT1s. Does anyone know if the Fluidampr will fit?
Old 04-24-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

The crank hub is only shorter on 96-97 cars. This is to accomodate a crankshaft position sensor and its required reluctor wheel. The wheel gets sandwiched between the hub and timing sprocket, so the hub is shorter to account for the extra stuff in there.

Most aftermarket balancers come with a new hub, and in the case of my ATI Superdamper it came with a shim to install in place of the reluctor wheel if it wasnt required. I actually deleted that off the motor (to run a double roller chain) so I installed the shim instead of the wheel.

Check with Fluidampr to see if they include a shim or make 2 different hubs.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:32 PM
Teching In

Fluidampr has one part for the LT1 engines (p/n 740101) which fits the Camaro & Firebird. The Fluidampr is a one piece design where the hub is part of the damper. A .093" shim is included with the Fluidampr for the engines that do not have the reluctor wheel. If the engine has the reluctor wheel you do not need to use the shim.

If anyone has any questions I would be happy to try & help.
Thanks.

Dan
Old 04-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks to both of you, that is what I was looking for.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

Make sure you are not making the same dumb-butt mistake I made and buy a Fluid damper instead of a Fluidamper. Fell right for that scam hook line and sinker.

Dan, you guys need to get after the company selling the Fluid damper. POS 20lb hunk of junk CAT brand china junk.

Karl
Old 04-25-2007, 07:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Karl Ellwein
Make sure you are not making the same dumb-butt mistake I made and buy a Fluid damper instead of a Fluidamper. Fell right for that scam hook line and sinker.

Dan, you guys need to get after the company selling the Fluid damper. POS 20lb hunk of junk CAT brand china junk.

Karl
I agree, we do the best we can to educate the public as to the dangers of buying the cheap offshore imitations. Unfortunatley our patents have run out & some compaines have tried to reverse engineer our viscous damper with little success. They are cheaply made parts that do not have the engineering involved to properly design a damper.

Thanks,
Dan

Quick Reply: Fluidampr fit