LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Placed early 406 into 94 firebird..

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zger
I think it's kind of cool. I like the fourth gens a lot more than the third gens anyway.
Just an update,
Fitting came in I needed to convert fuel lines - car is now running..
Seems to be in limp home mode for whatever reason, will have to get it outside of garage and play when I have some time.. But important part is done, lots more to do though.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:06 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After seeing those pictures I'm suprised you were even able to get the motor out of the old car.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
After seeing those pictures I'm suprised you were even able to get the motor out of the old car.
Saws all is a wonderfull tool! once I cut basically everything from the front suspension forward off it was really fun to get out..
Old 05-25-2007, 10:28 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Damn didn't wanna see that TA all smashed up, looks like it was a really nice car! Cool swap though, I have seen one like it before, they used a 93 or 94 or so Firebird Firehawk. Gen I SBC isnt that bad of an idea really, you start looking at what some of the LT1 guys do, swap to single plane intakes, crab style distributors, converting to Gen I heads, kinda like may as well just swap the block over at the point to some thing like a Little M or Sportsman. Cool swap
Old 05-25-2007, 10:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
Damn didn't wanna see that TA all smashed up, looks like it was a really nice car! Cool swap though, I have seen one like it before, they used a 93 or 94 or so Firebird Firehawk. Gen I SBC isnt that bad of an idea really, you start looking at what some of the LT1 guys do, swap to single plane intakes, crab style distributors, converting to Gen I heads, kinda like may as well just swap the block over at the point to some thing like a Little M or Sportsman. Cool swap

Yeah in 2020 they'll be swapping LT1's in 09 Camaros.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the motor already went 10s which is faster than most Lt1s posted here so mad props,sorry that your TA was destroyed.
the funny part is,a guy in the east coast put a GN drivetrain in a green formula and nobody gave him crap and it runs just as hard.
cool swap and i am glad you did not get hurt in the accident
Old 05-26-2007, 11:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hey Tommy, was really sad to hear about the car from Rock and Dean. I've been by your house a couple of times and man that car must of hit pretty hard. I see you got most of it done but if you need a hand at all just give me a call since I'm like 2 minutes from your house. New project is looking really good, I hope you get all the bugs out soon. I can't wait to see that thing at the track. Welcome to the site, any new news on the camaro??
Old 05-26-2007, 12:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by warbird27
Hey Tommy, was really sad to hear about the car from Rock and Dean. I've been by your house a couple of times and man that car must of hit pretty hard. I see you got most of it done but if you need a hand at all just give me a call since I'm like 2 minutes from your house. New project is looking really good, I hope you get all the bugs out soon. I can't wait to see that thing at the track. Welcome to the site, any new news on the camaro??
Hey Can!
Thanks man!! Yeah it was a slight fender bender....
Rock tells me you are about as big as a house now!! you can stop by and
pick up the back of car so I can swap 10 bolts..
Camaro actually just went 9.68 @ 140 best!! Think slicks are shot now though, been spinning just about every pass there after.. Looking to head to maryland sometime soon and maybe hit a 9.5x.. Thanks for the offer, stop by sometime to bs!! Lets start getting some more out of yours, and get rocky back into it as well.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You just ran 9.68 in your TPI 4th Gen?
Old 05-26-2007, 02:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Formula350
You just ran 9.68 in your TPI 4th Gen?
no he has another 3rd gen
Old 05-26-2007, 06:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by slowcamaro
no he has another 3rd gen
What he said!
How is your build coming slow?
Old 05-27-2007, 08:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 87__TA
Hey Can!
Camaro actually just went 9.68 @ 140 best!! Think slicks are shot now though, been spinning just about every pass there after.. Looking to head to maryland sometime soon and maybe hit a 9.5x.. Thanks for the offer, stop by sometime to bs!! Lets start getting some more out of yours, and get rocky back into it as well.
lol, that camaro is sick. i'll definately stop by sometime soon to bs. i really need to finally do something to the motor. i had everything lined up for a h/c deal from AI last summer but ended up quiting my job so i couldnt really afford it. i'm getting impatient so i'm about to at least throw a cam in it within the next month. could definately use the help
Old 05-29-2007, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey Can!
HEY! Who said I ever got out of it! Funds are just a little lacking right now .

Car is looking awesome though dude. Definetly a gigantic improvement over when you bought it. Anymore rear bumper wheel stand pics of the Camaro

Canden is definetly close to benching semi trucks, but it's cool the rest of us are still trying . It is definetly time to squeeze some more out of that LT1 besides I would rather cut my knuckles that way than how I have been lately
Old 05-30-2007, 12:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

haha, well rock, in a few weeks your wish will be granted. drinking beers and gashes all over the hands. got all weekend during the fishing trip to decide on a cam, not really sure if i wanna go with the gm 847. any new news on the build tommy? i figured you would be working on it all memorial weekend.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2000blackta
HEY! Who said I ever got out of it! Funds are just a little lacking right now .

Car is looking awesome though dude. Definetly a gigantic improvement over when you bought it. Anymore rear bumper wheel stand pics of the Camaro

Canden is definetly close to benching semi trucks, but it's cool the rest of us are still trying . It is definetly time to squeeze some more out of that LT1 besides I would rather cut my knuckles that way than how I have been lately
Gashes? dude! again???
Check out the link on pittspeed from first page of this thread - or better yet stop by M-EFFER!!!!, 4th page on pittspeed post.. Updated body pic, figured out the engine problem, was getting way to much voltage to ecm, guess the airbags use some sort of capacitor to store power, I used one of the airbag wires to power ecm and it was showing like 26 volts Got that figured out today - big relief!
I just got it outside and got to wash it.. all done except for brakes,, allllmost took it down rd with just emergency brake.. then realized I was being stupid..
I would post that pic here, but the files are to big..

Its on this page:http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/show...t=34872&page=4
Old 05-31-2007, 02:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just check out that page, and the all red pic of your hood, which I thought looked like crap, isn't. I thought it was a totally different style hood. The lack of dimension totally threw me off, my apologies.

Are you running the TPiS Miniram? If so, no wonder you're running such low times. I thought it was a true TPI motor :\
Old 05-31-2007, 06:09 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Formula350
I just check out that page, and the all red pic of your hood, which I thought looked like crap, isn't. I thought it was a totally different style hood. The lack of dimension totally threw me off, my apologies.

Are you running the TPiS Miniram? If so, no wonder you're running such low times. I thought it was a true TPI motor :\
No Sweat..
Yes, its a Miniram
Old 05-31-2007, 06:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Paint looks good!
Old 06-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Launching!

What he said!
How is your build coming slow?
its coming slow. not to self do not order a motor during motor building season
Old 06-01-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Resident

I think your doing a good job with the car. The hood looks fine, it looks like the LT1 WS6 hood which is sweet. What wheels are you going to put on it? That 3rd gen TA looked pretty nasty. Clean too. Any pics of the old TA and would you mind sharing what happened?

Quick Reply: Placed early 406 into 94 firebird..