LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

**help, Rocker Question Quick***

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default **help, Rocker Question Quick***

the guys at the shop with my car just called me and said they were adjusting the rockers (1.6rr) on my new motor and one of the tips was "boogered up". they want to put 1.5rr on there. their reason being they are more safe in case i ever get valve float so i wont smack a piston. and they also say i will lose only 5-10 hp. do you guys agree with this?? thanks in advance!
Old 06-25-2007, 10:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LT1MAN
the guys at the shop with my car just called me and said they were adjusting the rockers (1.6rr) on my new motor and one of the tips was "boogered up". they want to put 1.5rr on there. their reason being they are more safe in case i ever get valve float so i wont smack a piston. and they also say i will lose only 5-10 hp. do you guys agree with this?? thanks in advance!
I'd get a replacement and do 1.6s if I were you.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

i agree, the problem is the rockers aren't marked, they were supposed to be comp rr's but they are no-names i guess, blue anodized. so we dont know what exactly to buy and i cant get ahold of the engine builder.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LT1MAN
i agree, the problem is the rockers aren't marked, they were supposed to be comp rr's but they are no-names i guess, blue anodized. so we dont know what exactly to buy and i cant get ahold of the engine builder.
Any 1.6RR should be fine. They all work the same.