LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

blown head gasket

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2003 | 07:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: blown head gasket

if I were you I would have made ls1speed send me new heads and let them fight GTP about the ones that you had...that's not right just making you wait for a month or more because of their mistake......
Old 06-11-2003 | 07:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

well malibu i wish you worked for ls1 speed. Then you could have hooked me up. However i just got the run around from everone and was starting to think i was not going to get anything fixed. So when GTP finaly said to send them back I was just happy they were getting fixed.
Old 06-17-2003 | 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

UPDATE- HEADS ARE AT GTP NOW. THEY WILL START THEM SOON. THEY SAID IT SHOULD ONLY BE A WEEK OR SO. IM PUMPED .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2003 | 05:15 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder
20 Year Member

Sorry to hear you had problems. No sponsor would have necessarily would have had the exact same head in stock to swap for you, otherwise I'm sure Speed Inc. would have tried... Keep us posted.
Old 06-26-2003 | 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

No heads yet.......ONCE AGAIN ANOTHER DELAY GTP STILL HAS NOT SHIPPED THEM BACK. WTF....YOU KNOW I PAYED THE HIGHER PRICE FOR THESE HEADS CAUSE I THOUGHT THEY WOULD BE HIGHER QUALITY. WELL **** ME . .........I WAS WRONG...THIS SUCKS.
Old 06-26-2003 | 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Am i just being a big baby or do you think you would feel the same way.?????? I mean all they are doing is welding and grinding that one spot. how long can that take... I SHOULD have taken it to a local shop.
Old 06-26-2003 | 11:39 PM
8 Second Club

When my head was leaking it took three times getting it welded before I decided to take it to Jeff Naiser and have him cut the whole port out and reweld the whole thing back up and then port it back down to match the other runners. There was too much perosity and the runner still had a pinhole leak when pressure tested. Don't leak now Naiser didn't even pressure test it after it was done, amazing what kind of aluminum welding the guy can do
Old 06-27-2003 | 06:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

hey C5 how long was your car down for?? First they say to me they are going to ship the back overnight. Then when i call they say ground and i ask about what happend to the over night deal. They say sure if you dont mind paying the extra cost. WTF... they are the ones that offerd it to me in the first place... (We should be finished with them Friday, my friend... will ship them
> saturday delivery, and you'll have them faster then if we just sent them
> out
> normally... do you just want them back?)

what do you make of that statment..... THEY SUCK.. DO NOT BUY GTP HEADS
>

Quick Reply: blown head gasket