LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Relocating the ABS Module...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 01:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Relocating the ABS Module...

I want to run a custom 3.5" CAI with no pinch in the pipe which is normal at the abs location. I was thinking of moving it somwhere on that side of the engine bay or anywhere convenient. Pics would be great - thanks
Old 06-28-2007, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless you've done something like a battery relocation and freed up the space on that side, I really don't see where else in the engine bay you could move an ABS modulator to. Why not just delete it and save yourself a boatload of hassle?
Old 06-28-2007, 01:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why not convert to Speed Density and just run the conical K&N directly off the TB and get rid of every bend? I mean, the CAI's are designed with flow in mind, so that bend really isn't as restrictive as you're thinking. Plus, you still have the TB elbow to deal with, so it's moot.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula350
Why not convert to Speed Density and just run the conical K&N directly off the TB and get rid of every bend? I mean, the CAI's are designed with flow in mind, so that bend really isn't as restrictive as you're thinking. Plus, you still have the TB elbow to deal with, so it's moot.
I wouldn't do that. I've personally seen where that will act like it's giving more power when on the dyno, but under a closed hood you'll be pulling in hot air and you WILL be costing yourself power.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Fastbird93
I wouldn't do that. I've personally seen where that will act like it's giving more power when on the dyno, but under a closed hood you'll be pulling in hot air and you WILL be costing yourself power.
Fair enough

Quick Reply: Relocating the ABS Module...