LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Who has 02 sims and passed emissions.. think im screwed!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Who has 02 sims and passed emissions.. think im screwed!

Hey guys, i bought a 96ws6 6spd. The car had bad 02 sensors, so i put sims in, and my ses light went out. In ct, you need to pass emissions to get plates, and my o2 and cat moniters arent set, and they cant test my car for emissions without it. The kid i bought the car from said the cats were punched out, so it wont even pass a sniffer. I have a tech 2 flash and i can see when the moniters are set, i have put almost 90 miles on the car, and still nothing, the rest of the moniters are set. Will these 02 sims ever set in the comp? Wont i get a ses light if the moniters arent set?? I dont want to buy o2s and cats when i know im gonna take them off anyway!
Old 07-06-2007, 04:40 AM
Staging Lane

I Have O2 Sims In My 96 Z28 With No Cats Just Hollow Shells And Passed Emmisions No Prob. They Even Put It Though The Sniffer Test And It Passed That To. Ive Had Sims On My Car For Years And No Ses But I Have No Idea About The Moniters
Old 07-06-2007, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by VAMPDLIGHT
I Have O2 Sims In My 96 Z28 With No Cats Just Hollow Shells And Passed Emmisions No Prob. They Even Put It Though The Sniffer Test And It Passed That To. Ive Had Sims On My Car For Years And No Ses But I Have No Idea About The Moniters

why would they put you on the sniffer? Are you talking about before they just plugged you in, and set it and forget it?
Old 07-09-2007, 01:46 AM
Staging Lane

At The Time I Had Just Reset My Computer So It Would Not Pass That Test So They Did The Sniffer Test Instead Has Passed The Computer Test Since Then No Prob

Quick Reply: Who has 02 sims and passed emissions.. think im screwed!