LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

price on gm847 cam?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 01:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default price on gm847 cam?

I googled it and couldn't find any prices on the GM847 camshaft. The reason I'm looking is because I found a slighty used one for sale from a local guy in a club. He's asking 175 for it because things have fallen apart on him (family issues etc...) and he has everything I need to run this cam meaning (rockers,springs retainers etc...).

The price on the cam is 175 bucks and I believe he had it running in the car for a very short period. I know the guy, and he takes care of his stuff, quality isn't an issue. I'm just curious of how good of a deal is this?

btw I'm not worried about tunes, or anything that is involved, I know what it takes to run a bigger cam, just after the price. If someone could help me out with a link to a price of a brand new gm847 cam that would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

GM p/n 12370847

$227 from GMParts Direct.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:55 PM
TECH Resident

summit sells them for 250 i believe. thats what i paid for mine. I have a LE2/Forged 355 and it pulled on Bolt on 03-04 Cobras on the highway and raped them from a dig. Now i'm running a smaller duration bret cam with more lift and alot lighter LSA. It's a happy motor !
Old 07-31-2007, 02:37 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by racerns
GM p/n 12370847

$227 from GMParts Direct.
yeah I found it for 300, but you got me beat, nice! Well I guess I'm getting a decent deal here then, considering the package that comes with it as well (the guy has everything else which is all new for it) sounds like a deal not to pass up on.

Thanks again for the help guys.

Originally Posted by DroppedM6Z
summit sells them for 250 i believe. thats what i paid for mine. I have a LE2/Forged 355 and it pulled on Bolt on 03-04 Cobras on the highway and raped them from a dig. Now i'm running a smaller duration bret cam with more lift and alot lighter LSA. It's a happy motor !

wow guess I'll be able to have some fun toying with my cobra buddies. I plan on doing something real similar to your old setup, LE2 heads/ forged 355, with this cam.

Good to know thanks.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Bones Z28
yeah I found it for 300, but you got me beat, nice! Well I guess I'm getting a decent deal here then, considering the package that comes with it as well (the guy has everything else which is all new for it) sounds like a deal not to pass up on.

Thanks again for the help guys.

wow guess I'll be able to have some fun toying with my cobra buddies. I plan on doing something real similar to your old setup, LE2 heads/ forged 355, with this cam.

Good to know thanks.
Remember lot more comes into play than just the motor and hp numbers. I made Less than 400rw (not by much) and took out a car that i watched put down 448. He couldnt really drive well and i have a better geared, lighter, camaro with awesome mid and high range hp

Quick Reply: price on gm847 cam?