LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 08:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT1 questions

Hey guys

On my 97 T/A, I have removed the busted a/c and will be replacing allt he accessories with a low mount alternaotr on the pass side and a p/s unit where the air pump used to reside. The pump will be a reverse rotation with a fabbed bracket.

I want to continue cleaning up the engine bay some and add some dress up parts since I already have the go fast goodies.

Couple of questions though....Since I am relocating the alternator anyway, will the 87 and up covers fit the LT1 or not??I have heard that maybe the baffles interfere...true? I will be adding RR soon so I may have to go to a tall cover anyway.

I have also noticed some of the guys with their wiring harnesses not visible...ie (injectors, opti, etc.) Any writeup on this?

Also, my CAI sucks *** and I want a nice polished piece.... I currently have a iLE elbow and LPE kit and hate it. I have had to modify the crap out of it to fit...any help here would be appreciated.

Please help me out if you can,, I am so depressed at looking at this thing...I want to keep it but need some changes to it or I am going to burn it...

Thanks in advance!
Mike
Old 08-02-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Resident

Yes with the Alt. relocated you can use any valve covers.. I would look on ebay for a corvette polished set.. I bought the firebird set to fit the alt. but they have the same set for corvettes that are normal and work great with rockers.

Buy corvette fuel rail covers and there ya go no more wires and crap

And yes ebay has some cheap chrome cold air intakes that work and save you money
Old 08-05-2007, 11:25 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks Rick Speed