LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

weird issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 07:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird issue

ok trying to crank the new motor. heres whats happening. car turns over fine and builds good oil pressure. i have spark and fuel, the msd opti is on correctly. new ign module, coil and battery. it turns over but never cranks. the voltage at the ecm is hitting 9 to 10 volts on the scanner, during cranking. i took a battery charger and hooked the ground cable to all the grounds 1 at a time. with the charger turned to jump start , to see if it was a weak ground. then i did the same with the starters hot wire. i checked continuity on all the grounds and power wires to make sure they have low resistance. all were at or under 1 ohm. i have even checked the ecm grounds on the ecm pins. i am lost nd out of ideas. i am using lt1 edit and am only getting a check sum error. it is also showing a high knock count as well. the plugs are gapped at .035 due to nitrous useage. any ideas?

edit
also when cranking and leaving your foot off the gas , it turns over easier. when you floor it so it will cut back on fuel , it will actually knock the voltage down alot lower.

Last edited by jasonisdn; 08-03-2007 at 07:16 PM.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for those who give a crap , it was the versa fueler. for some unknown reason it was the entire probelm for todays issues. tomorrow is a new day. ZEX-Z i hope you are almost done with yours bud. i can feel the finish line tape now. i better watch out the tape will be made of rubber and bounce me back a few steps, knowing my luck.