LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

450 hp natual/stock internals is it possible???

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 12:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And I just noticed something as well Tes87gn... you claim to have owned an 87 Grand national making "465rwhp" and "ran mid 10's"... yet in a previous post on this forum, you asked: Where can I find a Y- pipe that deletes the cats? Do I have to purchase aftermarket headers to get the pipe. Is it better to go with the shorty style headers or the long tube style?

How does someone that owns a mid-10 second grand national and did nearly all his/her own work not know that longtube headers will make more power than shorties...?
Old 08-07-2007, 01:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Out1aw
And I just noticed something as well Tes87gn... you claim to have owned an 87 Grand national making "465rwhp" and "ran mid 10's"... yet in a previous post on this forum, you asked: Where can I find a Y- pipe that deletes the cats? Do I have to purchase aftermarket headers to get the pipe. Is it better to go with the shorty style headers or the long tube style?

How does someone that owns a mid-10 second grand national and did nearly all his/her own work not know that longtube headers will make more power than shorties...?
Ok Out1aw. You must not be familiar with Turbo Buicks so to enlighten you. The FACTORY/ STOCK headers are good to 500 HP and 10.0. Short Style. You don't need long headers on a Buick until you hit the 9.0 sec range. If you want to double check me feel free to go on TurboBuick.com you'll find plenty more answers there. LT1's are NOT charged and come with lame manifolds. My question was to find out what flows BEST on a LT1.

I know my LT1 questions may seem dumb to most of you and thats fine. But when it comes to Turbo Buicks I know alittle somethin. Anymore questions. I'm just looking for info on F-body's why do people want to judge and call you out on every little thing you say. What's the point of having a forum to ask questions when people give you a hard time about your question????

Last edited by tes87gn; 08-07-2007 at 04:02 PM.

Quick Reply: 450 hp natual/stock internals is it possible???