LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Lt1 problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt1 problems

I don't know whats going on with my car at all starting to get concerned. I hope someone can point me in the right direction with my symptoms i'm having. I just built the complete top end GM847 1.6 NSA rockers and all supporting mods.

Well the other day i was driving it back from a local hot dog joint when i noticed it started to pop like a missfire. I said AH ok 70k stock original optispark, said to myself no problem went out got a new one and through it in. The car ran great for 2 weeks before I scheduled my tune. The car now starts well but is very sluggish, idles funny, low oil pressure like 25 at idle does go up to 40 when driving, after it warms up it will not idle at all let your foot off the gas and the RPMS just fall right off, then upon trying to restart it it seems like it's seized won't turn over. If you wait for a while it will start again but run ****************ty and have same idle problem. My uncle with 25+ yrs experience as a ford master tech says that he thinks it's just running so rich that it cant do anything with itself. I'm possibbly of a spun bearing has passed through my mind many times but from what i have read only some of the symptoms are there not all of them. There is no awkward noises coming from the motor like squeels or wines or anything such as that. I'm out of idea's here does anyone have any idea's of whats going on with my motor. Thanks for any opinions
Old 08-06-2007, 07:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

look over the more simple things like a fuel filter , check your fuel pressure, plug wires, maf , clogged o2
Old 08-06-2007, 08:22 PM
12 Second Club

What size Injectors are you running? I have a set of 30# on my Lt4 hotcam. I would also check the coil and coil wire. Oh one more thing, my brother had the same kind of problem on his 94 Z (The ignition module)
Old 08-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Staging Lane

will the ignition module being bad throw a code, sat morning it goes to bryan from PCM4less for a tune so he should be able to get it sorted out if it's something like that.

Jason
Old 08-06-2007, 09:34 PM
12 Second Club

Bryan should beable to tell if it is bad. Is he going to dyno tune it? But it may not throw a code, my brothers didnt. The VATS also does some messed up stuff when it goes bad, but i dont think that is the problem you are having. Bryan can turn the VATS off when he does the tune ( just in case).
Old 08-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Staging Lane

i really hope it's something stupid as the car ran great for the few times i drove it then all of a sudden starts doing this crap.

Jason
Old 08-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Staging Lane

i do remember plugging in the 02 sensor and then it started running like this i wonder if the computer before was running in a closed loop so it was not as rich as it is now.

Jason