LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Another Pacesetter LT install

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 08:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Pacesetter LT install

I'm tired of looking through the search and finding nothing so I figured I'd start yet, another thread. I've
I'm wondering if there is a write up somewhere, possibly with pictures, that has a bit more detailed instruction. I've seen suggestions as far as removing the steering linkage but I'm not sure where and the part blocking the driver side is connected to more than I expected.
Also, I have the "race" headers so I'm wondering what from the AIR and EGR systems needs to be removed.

Any help or advice is appreciated. I even forgot to order the O2 extensions so this whole thing has been a bit of a mess.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Staging Lane

Hope there not shorties. If you have long tubes your ok, I think. I had the shorties and had nothing but problems with the primary hitting the steering shaft. If you have shorties and need help, let me know. Otherwise if there LTs I cant help.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Staging Lane

Anyone? I'm wondering what I need to do in order to remove the AIR pump. What needs to be closed up and can I find the plates somewhere? Will I need a smaller serpentine belt? Thanks
Old 08-07-2007, 10:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1997compT/A
Anyone? I'm wondering what I need to do in order to remove the AIR pump. What needs to be closed up and can I find the plates somewhere? Will I need a smaller serpentine belt? Thanks
The only thing you have to do to remove the air pump is first of all get a tune to delete and air injection codes you might get from removing it, and then is just a matter of disconnecting the plug and removing some bolts and hoses, if you want to remove the steel line you have to get a little more creative by cutting it in a couple different places i just left mine in there all it does is make the #2 plug slightly harder to get to which isn't a big deal to me

as far as getting the steering shaft out its easy all you have to do is remove the plastic heat shields from the steering shaft one near the firewall and the other right above the rack

all you have to do is remove the two bolts securing the steering shaft and try to work the steering shaft towards the firewall by kind of jiggling it around a little bit so you can get the shaft off of the rack its self once you have done that then you can pull the steering shaft off of the shaft from the firewall
Old 08-08-2007, 12:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

I removed it all and am very pleased about it, cleans up the eng. bay too...

Quick Reply: Another Pacesetter LT install