LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Buy pacesetter race headers for 97 LT1 OBD2??

Old 08-07-2007, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buy pacesetter race headers for 97 LT1 OBD2??

I want to know if I should buy the race headers or the regular emission headers. I won't be able to tune the computer for a while. However, I am not concerned about the light coming on. As long as the car runs fine, I am ok. I also am forced to get rid of the cats because of the stock dual cat setup. I'm going with pacesetter long tube headers. I want to delete the emission crap, but not if it makes my car run worse without a tune.

Does anyone know about the rear o2 sensors after the cats?? Will the car run with those hangin?? Basically my q's are about deleting: egr, air pump, rear o2 sensors.. But I can't tune it yet or for a while.

Also...the race headers do come with the two pre cat o2 sensors right?? And I won't need any extensions?? I am ordering on friday when I get paid. I am also getting a single cutout welded into the y-pipe. Just want to know what I am getting myslef into is all. Thanks.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are the race headers just long tubes? Or shorties?

I had long tubes with no emissions on my LS1 they were pace setters, just normal headers

It would be nice if they started making real race long stepped headers
Old 08-07-2007, 10:59 PM
On The Tree

pacestetter Long tube headers are what I am going to buy. Anyone that has an ob2 lt1 know anything about it??
Old 08-07-2007, 11:41 PM
TECH Resident

well you wont use the rear o2 sensor connectors so until you get them tuned out of your computer along with the air and EGR you will throw codes not much different from an obd 1 car except with obd1 you dont have to worry about the rear o2's cuz they dont exist
Old 08-08-2007, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1994Z28Lt1
well you wont use the rear o2 sensor connectors so until you get them tuned out of your computer along with the air and EGR you will throw codes not much different from an obd 1 car except with obd1 you dont have to worry about the rear o2's cuz they dont exist
Yeah...as long as the car will still run fine, I'm ok with throwing a codes for now. BTW...did you get a 13.2@106 on street tires?? Besides headers and intake, what have you done??? I would love to get that time after I bolt on the headers. So far I've trapped 100 stock... You think headers and my cai will get me to that time on street tires.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1994Z28Lt1
Yeah...as long as the car will still run fine, I'm ok with throwing a codes for now. BTW...did you get a 13.2@106 on street tires?? Besides headers and intake, what have you done??? I would love to get that time after I bolt on the headers. So far I've trapped 100 stock... You think headers and my cai will get me to that time on street tires.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:21 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I think it will throw the SES light maybe, but not for sure, it would still run better.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
I think it will throw the SES light maybe, but not for sure, it would still run better.
ok cool. That's all I wanted to hear. thanks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Buy pacesetter race headers for 97 LT1 OBD2??