LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Who's the best mail order tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 12:46 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think most people that have BAD tunes are BS as it is usually something wrong with their engine/electrical or something. I had PCMforless do mine and I had an idle problem for a LONG time, and Alvin worked very hard to help me, retuning and all. Well it turns out my IAC was bad, and GM in their infinite wisdom will not show a code for the IAC, in 93, and the datalogger I use (TTS datamaster) only shows what the ecm is telling the IAC to do, but nothing shows what it is actually doing.
Seriously too, both of these tuners do an outstanding job, and are always within close to perfect tunes till you can realtime it, and Wideband the tune to your specific area etc.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:49 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 94-6spd
I have a pcmforless tune that I'm very unhappy with and need another option. Having an extremely rich issue.
Have you datalogged your car, and what are your systems before and after the tune? Have you checked your IAC via a resistance check, your MAP sensor, etc etc. There are many things to make a tune seem bad, from exhaust leaks (which no one ever has ), to mis adjusted rocker arms.
So, throw us a bone and lets see what the problems are and what your mods are.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:54 AM
On The Tree

Default Well they said it is a waste of time

and thats why i said nothing ill wait till i get the ps lt's
then get a tune.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:23 AM
11 Second Club

Bryan did an excelent job on my original LT1 tune. I had probably 3 or more retune's from him. But on my last tune he tuned out my AC for some odd reason. When I contacted him to explain this, he said I must have selected that option or it was something else wrong with my car. I still had the order form which didn't have that option selected. I went to 2 different mechanic's and both said it had to be in the PCM (not telling them I tuned it). After mutiple E-Mails I finally get a free retune and got my AC working again. He refussed to offer me back the money it took for shipping it to him even though it was his fault. Plus the tune seemed off a little after that. So I decided to go with MadZ28 and havn't had any issues since.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:37 AM
Teching In

Always liked what Ion did for me.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:37 PM
Staging Lane

I always had ion do mine, he's a good guy to deal with and i liked my tunes ok...had an idle issue with one but that was because the car was cursed

Quick Reply: Who's the best mail order tuner?