LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

I got screwed on these rockers

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't really know if the risk of damages is worth letting the $165 go. Even though they are gouged pretty good my mechanical side would say they would work. My common sense side says not to risk it, and my human side says any1 that sells something that condition knowingly deserves to be forced to take them back (or in your case refund the money since PP or the credit card will give you back the cash then take it from him).
Somone that ignores your PMs after trying to screw you over to begin with isn't worth the time of effort to be "nice" to.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dhdenney
I bought a set of Scorpion rockers off a board member here. they're not worth $154.50 shipped IMHO.
Be very careful when buying things on LS1tech.
Get picks and ask detailed questions.

There are many younger and arrogant users on here that sell parts and exaggerate, take the 'right' pics and make the ad seem nice while purposly leaving details out and acting like they are no big deal.

The kid who sold me my rims took A 6 weeks to send them, I got so mad I thought I was getting jacked, then after I finally get them the inside lip of one has a tiny bend.
My hood got damaged in shipping and the seller wouldn't help me with a receipt so I got fucked there, and my SLP Loudmouth was cut off so I had to modify that and buy some 3" Stainless steel piping.

Originally Posted by nlzn
I don't really know if the risk of damages is worth letting the $165 go. Even though they are gouged pretty good my mechanical side would say they would work..
Those rockers are in terrible condition, and are not worth over $70... you know it, I know it. Whether they work or not.

Sorry to the OP, you got had.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would not use them in their current condition. (But then on the other hand I wouldn't use them in new condition)

I hope you get your money back.

Mike
Old 08-17-2007, 06:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Should one of them have structual problems, you're looking at a LOT more loss than $154 in engine damage.
I wouldn't use them, and I would get a full refund from the seller, then let him worry about shipping them back.

Sara Lou
Old 08-17-2007, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

I vote for refund including shipping for him being dishonest. IF ANYTHING THOUGH, a full refund and you eat the shipping but, I would definitely not use them just for the leary fact that it could do some decent damage should they fail.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:45 PM
Teching In

You sure those are even scorpion? Never seen scorpion rr's like that. Anyways those are in horrible condition. I am selling a set of scorpion 1.6's w/arp studs and guideplates for 210 shipped, and they are brand new. You should definitely file a complaint on pay pal and threaten to blow his name up on LS1tech etc. if he doesnt refund you(inless it was mostly your fault for not asking what kind of shape they were in). Something I always do before buying ANYTHING over the net is 1.check if they have buyer feedback and 2. before ANY deals are made have the seller write out a bill of sell w/all the parts, the price, condition, full name and address of buyer and seller. Have the seller sign the bottom and email the signed copy, print and sign it yourself the scan and send him back the copy(keep one for yourself also). You can even scan a form of id. It never hurts to be extra careful because there are some ******* ******** out there bro. Good luck man.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Thanks for all the responses guys. I just wanted some other points of view on these things. I just wanted to see what everyone else would do. Thank goodness for Paypal cuz looks like they're gonna bail me out this time.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by nimr0d
1.check if they have buyer feedback and
From looking at this guys profile, he's got about 16 feedbacks, all positive!!, which goes to show feedback isn't all its cracked up to be, an a$$hole is an a$$hole no matter how many good days he has.

Sara Lou
Old 08-18-2007, 08:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Speed Density
Get your money back.

Tell his *** he can try and sell them to someone else with who wants to "get what they pay for".

Ask for a refund, if he chooses to deny it...well...post up in the feedback section. But if you didnt ask for pictures it was somewhat a mistake on your behalf.

Good Luck.

Tony.
+1 what an *** hat
Old 08-18-2007, 10:58 PM
TECH Addict

this guy is about as bad as I guy I dealt with. I paid back in June for a console out of a 97 Jimmy (floor shifter) that was in "MINT" condition and ready to ship. Two months later, I finally get the console from him (I have patience sometimes) and it's out of a 99 Bravada (same console), and no where near mint condition. I guess that's what I got for trusting a board member(not on this board--ISSF) that wasn't even a newbie.

Good LUck.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:42 PM
TECH Veteran

So I ask him for my money back. This is what he says. Copied, pasted, here ya go.

um dude. I had already said I was sorry you felt like that. I no longer have the car or money. I had used the money to pay off my speeding ticket. this is also why I am selling the engine.... I cant aford to do the swap int a fiero.

I have said I was sorry, and had apologized. if you dont want them turn around and resell them.

Old 08-19-2007, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

sometimes going the cheaper route comes out more expensive
Old 08-19-2007, 11:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by streetwarrior96

You'd think I'd learn this **** after so many times. Regardless, to trust other human beings is just stupid these days. Paypal claim opened. I at least learned to use Paypal! I'm more than confident I can get my money from them.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

So I ask him for my money back. This is what he says. Copied, pasted, here ya go.

um dude. I had already said I was sorry you felt like that. I no longer have the car or money. I had used the money to pay off my speeding ticket. this is also why I am selling the engine.... I cant aford to do the swap int a fiero.

I have said I was sorry, and had apologized. if you dont want them turn around and resell them.

wow, I would really nail him to the wall now

geez, I almost drove to California once, because the guy I bought my LTs from was taking forever to ship them (almost 2 months), and wouldnt return my emails, so I had his email and his ebay user ID and I did some digging and found out where he lived and his phone number,

my x lived in california (she was still my girlfriend at the time) so I figured I would go see her, and pay that guy a visit, but the week I was gonna take off the UPS man shows up with the headers

I have to admit, it would have felt awesome to go knock on that guys door and say, wheres my headers
Old 08-20-2007, 06:17 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats why I always takes lots of pics and ask for them when I buy, otherwise you put your trust in that person to deliver.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:12 AM
TECH Veteran

I'm gonna have to start doing business on here like I do on Ebay. I never buy stuff off Ebay without pix and now I make sure I use Paypal unless it's something really small. I always had a higher degree of trust on here but not anymore.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Well Paypal may have failed me. They said buyer protection is only available to Ebay transactions. My case was closed by a computer so I called the customer service line and she is passing the dispute forward to see if they can escalate it to a claim. I hope human intervention can bail me here.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by streetwarrior96
the truth right there
Old 08-22-2007, 11:51 AM
Staging Lane

if a ****** ****** told me that id probably slit his throat and **** his Esophagus (not really but i would file with paypal or call your bank and stop payment but i would still pour battery acid on his face)
Old 08-22-2007, 12:36 PM
Launching!

did you pay with a CC? because even if paypal files the claim and you win unless the rules have changed now, unless the person has money in their paypal account all paypal can do is freeze the account. however your CC company will pretty much always get your money, or just eat the fraud charge themselves. best of luck.