LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

car wont start

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 06:23 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car wont start

tried search not working. car started this morning but this afternoon nothing. good bat, alt, starter, and has resistor mod for vats. lights on dash come on fuel pump primes but nothing not a click or anything from the starter. thinking vats module or vats relay. any ideas appreciated.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Staging Lane

ttt. anyone?
Old 08-19-2007, 03:59 PM
Launching!

Check for battery voltage on the little wire at the starter with the key in the crank position (this is the signal that will energize the solenoid). If you have voltage at the little wire, then check at the isolated large wire (this will confirm the solenoid is working). Be careful when you are down there though, just is case it does crank. Be sure to have the car in Nuetral.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:21 PM
On The Tree

i had the same problem man...tap on the starter as someone is trying to start it, it SHOULD turn over...also check the fuel filter and all ur fuses...something could have gone bad there as well, good luck!!!
Old 08-20-2007, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

cars up and running for some reason the resistor i put in the vats harness dropped in ohm's. changed resistor starts right up. thanks for the help.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:55 PM
On The Tree

Bump.

My Car won't turn over either.
The very last thing I did to my car was disconnect the clutch position sensor and meter the connector (to see if was a 12v or a 5v switch) and then put it right back.

My VATS was disabled when I got the computer reprogrammed; By disabling the VATS at PCM does this remove the fuel cut-off and starter security?
I paid attention to the security light and it does turn off when I put the car to run. And I was able to drive the car home after bump starting it.

Anything else anyone can think of before I crawl under the car in the AM?

Edit: Looking at this ( http://shbox.com/1/pass_key.jpg kudos to shbox) schematic it looks like the VATS delete at the PCM only effect the fuel delivery.
I also tried my spare key and no go. So should I check the relay or the starter first?

Last edited by ws6chicken; 09-04-2007 at 08:19 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

bump.
It was the ***** f***in' clutch safety switch . So I guess don't touch or look it or even think about it negatively.

(2 hours and a trip to autozone later for a new starter {gonna return it})
I have to do better testing next time

Quick Reply: car wont start