LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 chrome valve cover options & Corvette FRCs ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 07:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LT1 chrome valve cover options & Corvette FRCs ?

I posted this over at CamaroZ28.Com but didn't get any response. Maybe I will have better luck here:

I have heard that some of the chrome LT1 valve covers leak and are poor quality. I would like to use these along with the black plastic Corvette fuel rail covers on a 95 TA.

Anyone know which valve covers to buy? Would the GM covers be best? I don't have a P/N on these.

BTW, if you have a pic of your engine with chrome valve covers, I sure would like to see them.

Oh, and the part numbers I got for the black plastic Vette fuel rail covers are:
P/N 10208794 for the LH
P/N 10208795 for the RH

I read somewhere that I would also need 4 mounting studs P/N 10108672, and a Corvette power brake hose P/N 10214035. Does this sound correct?

Thanks much,
Ron

Old 05-28-2003, 01:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: LT1 chrome valve cover options & Corvette FRCs ?

the stock valve covers are weak and warp. the aftermarket chromed ones are just as bad since most are stamped steel as well. I bought my LT1 Polished Aluminum ones from www.racenet.net for 139 or something like that. they are more expensive than the stamped steel but they dont flex, have top notch quality with thick bracing, and are pre-clearanced for the alternator....not to mention they look kick *** with the fluch screws.

Quick Reply: LT1 chrome valve cover options & Corvette FRCs ?