LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

A/C Worked then went out

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default A/C Worked then went out

Hey guys my AC went out and I cannot figure it out. I'll start from the very begining. I was changing out the radiator and undid the wrong line and shot freon everywhere (including on me) So all the freon drained out. Got the radiator in tightened up the ac line that I accidentally undid. fastforward about 5 months. Get a kit and refill the AC. (I never ran the AC when it was empty.) So I follow the directions and start the car AC on MAX. Well first thing I notice is that the compressor didnt turn on when I turned the ac on. I checked all of the fuses and relays and they are good. So I decide to start filling it and after I start filling for a like 5-6 seconds the compressor clicks on. I fill it up till the gauge says its full and enjoy my ice cold AC for the rest of the day. Next day I'm feeling good that my AC finally works cuase i was going down the hill. Get in the car start her up and turn the ac on blast. WTF Nothing but hot air. No click on or anything. Let it run for a half hour just to see and not one bit of cold air. So now I'm lost could anyone help me out here before I pay an arm and a leg to have it looked at. Sorry about the long post but I didnt want to thread hijack. Thanks
Jeremy
Old 08-31-2007, 07:36 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

same thing happened to me...but for some reason it pull the code 61 i think which is an a/c malfunction...meaning it won't turn the a/c compressor on, i erased the code and the a/c turned back on...try to go to autozone and see if they pull any codes....also check your a/c pressure switch

Last edited by 94_lt1_4mula; 08-31-2007 at 07:41 AM.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

auto zone won't be able to pull codes on a 95. just fyi
Old 08-31-2007, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yah I tried to go auto zone to scan my car a while and figured out that I cant scan my car. How do you scan a 95 car?
Old 08-31-2007, 03:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Just get a cable (akmcables.com, moates.net, etc) for OBD1 with 2 connector and then you can scan it yourself with a laptop and some free software.

Quick Reply: A/C Worked then went out