LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Finally! Pics of my motor ready for delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 12:34 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks awesome Jason! I wonder what ol' Dave Diluca things of people trying to break his old record after all these year. Some thing kinda funny, his was a Z28, your car and Tony's both Z28s, his was a 94, the average of both your and Tony's car, his car was a red like Tony's, then repainted blue, not like your blue but blue none the less. So the only question remains, which one of you is Canadian?

Good Luck

Neil
Old 09-07-2007, 12:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
Yes it is one of the better options for an LT1 being that it is already setup for fuel injection and edelbrock did their research to make sure it flows well... it'll outflow an LT1 intake any day of the week regardless of waht was done to the ltx manifold.... and i got it cause it was proven on Tony Shep's motor. I tossed around teh super victor idea and there are very good super vics out there but it came down to packaging, trusting edelbrocks R&D, and having someone that already got it to fit to benchmark from....

If you don't mind me asking, who did the intake conversion?
Old 09-07-2007, 01:09 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks awesome Jason! I wonder what ol' Dave Diluca things of people trying to break his old record after all these year. Some thing kinda funny, his was a Z28, your car and Tony's both Z28s, his was a 94, the average of both your and Tony's car, his car was a red like Tony's, then repainted blue, not like your blue but blue none the less. So the only question remains, which one of you is Canadian
HAHAHAH A texan and a misplaced New England boy livin in Cali... Far from canadian. That is true though about Diluca's car.... But Diluca's record got beat by Vince's red camaro.... Diluca ran 9.11 and Vince ran 9.08 before he experienced core shift in the block. So the record me and tony are chasing is still in vince's hands AFAIK.

If you don't mind me asking, who did the intake conversion
Port Pros did the original conversion and the 1st stage of porting. Since my heads were at CSM Racing Engines when the intake got delivered my guy finished the porting by raising the ports to perfectly match my heads, did a little more porting in the plenum..... The bolt holes were welded over and relocated by Port Pros and CSM Racing Engines performed all the cutting and welding of the water neck..... So basically the 1st half was done by port pros and the finish work for MY specific combo was done by CSM. The water neck does not need to be cut off it just looks cleaner IMO....

Again everybody, thanks for the compliments. It's been a superlong time coming but I'm getting ready to close on my house purchase in about 2.5 months so i've been putting more cash towards bills and slowed down the motor a bit... didn't want to race in the blazing summer heat anyway....
Old 10-12-2007, 06:26 PM
TECH Resident

outlaw, how big is the cam? what comp?
Old 10-12-2007, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

looks SLOW!

haha that looks like a serious setup,that intake setup is awesome, good luck with the motor
Old 10-12-2007, 10:08 PM
9 Second Club

outlaw, how big is the cam? what comp
248/260 @.050 and .704 intake/.685 exhaust 114.5lsa... nitrous cam....

thanks again guys...
Old 10-15-2007, 12:35 AM
12 Second Club

love the valve covers, and the 4150-style TB... makes me wish I had a combo like yours that was worth me finishing my single-plane for!

any reason for keeping the "air gap" kinda deal going on in front of the front intake runners, as opposed to having it milled off? a lot more time was definately spent keeping it and modifying it to look right without the water neck. looks aweseom in every way!

gotta love shaft rockers!
Old 10-15-2007, 03:48 PM
9 Second Club

any reason for keeping the "air gap" kinda deal going on in front of the front intake runners, as opposed to having it milled off? a lot more time was definately spent keeping it and modifying it to look right without the water neck. looks aweseom in every way!
Thanks man I appreciate it. It's sitting in my garage right now waiting to be installed. To answer your question other than the fact that I "think" the air gap is there for heat dissapation (I could be wrong though) we are still toying with the idea that that is where we are going to hide a direct port system and the nozzles will come from the bottom of the intake ports and the solenoids will reside in that air gap..... it'll be nearly completely invisible.... jet changes will be a pain in the *** however which is why i haven't been completely sold on it.... and yes A LOT of work went into that water neck delete. I have pictures of it going thru the work... The guy who does my engine work is an incredible welder and can work metal like nobody's business.... here's the pics.

Original:

half modified

complete:

Old 10-15-2007, 04:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man that is some kinda nice, I would like some specs on that vacuum pump bracket. Or a trace drawing etc. I need the EXACT setup.

David
Old 10-16-2007, 02:44 AM
9 Second Club

Check the other post dave and I gave you all the contact info for it.... Lance can make you up one like it i'd imagine....
Old 10-16-2007, 06:59 AM
TECH Regular

Oh man did that give me a hard on lol

Quick Reply: Finally! Pics of my motor ready for delivery...