LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

95 LT1 low oil level sensor

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 12:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 95 LT1 low oil level sensor

Does anyone know the right resistance for this sensor. I had to delete this sensor due to header clearance issues between the oil pan and I am now afraid the computer has learned that this sensor is not plugged in and is disabling the engine. What is the resistance for proper oil level and low oil level that way I can bypass this sensor. If my transmission sensor are not plugged in will that affect the computer in any way or disable the engine until you plug it back in. My brothers car did that when we unplugged the speed sensor.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for the oil level sensor, tie the 2 wires together . that will solve it. it the way i did mine due to the canton and hookers
Old 09-08-2007, 08:03 PM
11 Second Club

Moroso and Dynatech. Lol!
Old 10-04-2007, 09:13 PM
11 Second Club

Check this out. The check engine light was on and not throwing a code right. Well i did soe research and a check engine light on with no code means there either is no code on a OBD2 generic year or you have a short. After checking everything as far as possible realted issues with sensors I found a short. The MAF sensor harness had a short on the ground side between the wire and the harness in the pigtail. It wasnt grounding out the MAF and the MAF was keeping the injectors from pulsing and the PCM from sending the signal to the Optispark. Man I replaced everything.....! But at least I have all new sensors. i bought a new harness for the MAF and she fired up like the devil with a Dynomite fart. Runs awesome all i have to do it get her tunned now. She smells like raw gas while it's running and backfiring alot. She needs a tune bad. So... problem solved. What a dumb *** problem. So basically alot of time wasted but well worth the learning invloved.
The following users liked this post:
Justin_Sixx (10-16-2020)

Quick Reply: 95 LT1 low oil level sensor