LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

fuel pressure regulator opinions

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 10:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pressure regulator opinions

Ok i've confirmed that i need a new fuel pressure regulator, and now i just need to determine which is the best for my car. I'll spend the extra bucks for quality, so no questions there.

So far the best i've found for what i need is the one on summit from Aeromotive. Does anyone have any good experience with them? I've seen a handle of guys running there heavy duty fuel pumps (for nitrous setups).

Well that's another thing. Next summer i want to step up to a small 50 shot. This particular regulator looks like a good investment.

Well what do you guys think?

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
Old 09-18-2007, 10:55 PM
TECH Regular

Get a factory one, leave the pressure stock, and let the ECM and tune work for you.
Thats just my opinion. Ask the tuner what he recommends, and he will probably say leave the factory pressure alone, and let me tune it right.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Steve40th
Get a factory one, leave the pressure stock, and let the ECM and tune work for you.
Thats just my opinion. Ask the tuner what he recommends, and he will probably say leave the factory pressure alone, and let me tune it right.

Well i already have a tune and i'm not looking to fiddle with the regulator. Also i have a pcm not an ecm. Those were only in the 93s right? I have the full package from madz28 already as well. I know Ion's played with my fuel curve already. So just get a stocker from the dealership? Now i just wonder what the price difference is. I mean if it's near the same i mine as well at least get the upgrade aftermarket.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:32 PM
TECH Junkie

I have an SLP adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, I have been putting off to install... Can't go wrong with SLP
Old 09-18-2007, 11:48 PM
TECH Regular

I would recommend gmpartsdirect or one of the many sponsors. A factory OEM regulator from any reputeable parts store that gives you high quality parts, ir AC Delco for example.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:10 AM
Banned

Get the Aeromotive... Best regulator on the market and the most adjustable as well.. Had one on my LT1 and never had any problems. Its overkill, but if you want quality, you wont find any better.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Another vote for stock.

The Aeromotive may be the best but exactly what would this guy gain with it over a stocker, besides the obvious wallet lightening?

The stocker is under $50.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:12 PM
12 Second Club

guys i just installed an aeromotive unit that i had gotten for free. my engine is out of the car getting rebuilt. does anyone the know the proper procedure to set the proper fuel pressure at idle? also what should the stock fuel pressure be?
Old 03-22-2008, 04:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You need a guage and to have it hookedup in the car fuel pump running. Stock is 43-45psi vacuum disconnected.

Be aware a LOT of guys have had Aeromotives bad out of the box, one aquaintance had one burn his car even. Problems are supposedly corrected but better to be careful and pay close attention, never know when you might run accross old stock.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:06 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
You need a guage and to have it hookedup in the car fuel pump running. Stock is 43-45psi vacuum disconnected.

Be aware a LOT of guys have had Aeromotives bad out of the box, one aquaintance had one burn his car even. Problems are supposedly corrected but better to be careful and pay close attention, never know when you might run accross old stock.
i hooked up the gauge today. i'll keep a close eye to make sure my unit is good when the motor is back in and we fire it up. thanks.

Quick Reply: fuel pressure regulator opinions