LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

powerdyne on a 383 lt-1

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 07:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 201 Likes on 142 Posts

Default powerdyne on a 383 lt-1

Just wondering if I would be wasting my time putting a powerdyne on my set-up. Lets say I could pick one up used for 500 bucks then uprade the belt when I get it, would it be worth it? I just want 500whp and Im currently lower 400whp so with 6psi and some meth injection I should get there. Just looking for a simple blower setup thats reliable! I use to have a p1sc procharger on this current setup minus the heads being done by LPE and it was a maintnence *****. Had to completely redesign the kit and it pissed me off so I sold it. I like the powerdyne because its piping is routed nicely and its quiet. The procharger had 10 feet of piping obviously due to intercooler and it heatsoaked at idle badly. Open to everyones opinion, I dont want to put this on if its junk so bring it on!!!
Old 10-13-2007, 09:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sound Pretty Badass if you go threw with it.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

I've never heard anything good about Powerdynes. I almost bought one for my first LS1, but backed out of the deal at the last minute. My SS is running a Vortech T-Trim and I love it. I don't really drive it too much, but I've never had an issue with it driving around town or sitting in traffic. As for being quiet, why would you want a quiet blower? The blower whistle is so damn cool

A lot of guys here swear by ATI and are running them. I think you're the first person I've ever heard complain about ATI.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think ati intitally engineered thier ls-1 kits better and most guys running them have an ls-1. The p1sc kit I bought 4-5 yrs ago was junk. The blow-off valve sucked, the fmu sucked, the inline fuel pump was a joke, the inlet hoses sucked shut=Junk!, the air-filter too small, the pulleys did not lign up=chewed up belts=Junk!, The electric fan spacers not right=burnt fan motor=Junk! They don't tell ya to key the crank so I spun a balancer=JUNK!! Other than that the blower was nice and sounded sweet, made good power. I was not happy to pay 4000.00 dollars and have all of these issues and prochargers technical support sucked. So I eneded up taking it to a tuner and he corrected all of these issues. the tuner then finds that PCM for Less sent me a tune for a 96 TA commanding 38 degrees of timing at WOT(I tried a mail order tune prior to taking it to a tuner). This cost me a broken ring land! So I was still pissed and sold the kit to pay for my 383, turning my car back to na and patiently waiting for a somewhat reliable power adder!!! In A Nut Shell...
Old 10-14-2007, 12:16 AM
Staging Lane

Don't try it we already did an experiment with a powerdyne on a 383 and the little blower chokes the big motor the powerdyne is only capable of making about 425rwhp period! doesn't matter what size motor or boost #s its all about max CFM.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks! I kind of figured that was the case, Is there a roots blower out for the lt-1 yet? That would be sweet!!!
Old 10-14-2007, 06:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
Thanks! I kind of figured that was the case, Is there a roots blower out for the lt-1 yet? That would be sweet!!!

Ya know I have heard the same things from several other very respectable people from this site about ATI prochargers and their LT1's. How the belt will not line up and lots of personal fabrication you are not the first one. I think if I go procharger I am def going to send it to someone that has put them on LT cars before. I am not going to do it like everything else I do on my own.

Quick Reply: powerdyne on a 383 lt-1